Florida Gators look average at best so far this year

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Florida Gators look average at best so far this year

What's the deal? Was Tebow that important to the offense, or is Brantley not fit for Meyer's schemes? Florida looks like they're gonna have a hard time going .500 in the SEC, let alone contend for a title

2. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

The recruited players to play in the system along with Tebow but never brought in players to play with Brantley when Tebow left. Once Tebow was a JR they should have started bringing in more guys who play with the ball in the AIR not just sweeps and dives or quick passes.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

They just look like they are 100% finesse and speed and don't really have much power....If they don't get it together soon Bama is going to roll them.

4. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

WTF i don't know who is watching the game( i just turned to it since the UGA/USC game is at the half) but the commentators are even making excuses. The kicker has a sore back they didn't even know if he was gone play today. Kicker misses FG. Man the fuck up!! if your kicker is hurt dont kick or let the punter do it. No reasons to have excuses cause you lose USF.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

They won that's all that matters. Look what Oklahoma did this week

6. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

people forget the last 2 seasons tebow was the power running game, without the tebow, they are just finess.

7. xd3adstarx

xd3adstarx Walk On

lol you guys are acting like USF is some bottom feeding team from the MAC. USF plays quality football and has one of the top 5 dual purpose qbs in the country. Please keep in mind that Brantley has only been executing the offense for 2 games now. That being said, Jeff Demps and the Gators ran between the tackles with great success against a USF interior DLine that is actually quite strong. Spare me the garbage about how florida will be a .500 team... no one else in the east can challenge.

8. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

lmao you think no one in the east can challenge...ill just name 3 teams, Tenn, UGA, USC....i guarantee you they lose to 2 maybe all 3

9. xd3adstarx

xd3adstarx Walk On

you prepared to eat your words? Afterall UGA looked horrid against USC, then Tenn hasnt been able to contain oregon who def isnt a physical team. USC might have a chance, but only if garcia has the game of his life.

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

LOL! MMMMM, Kool- Aid!

USF finished 3-4 in the Big East last year, and have a new coaching staff in place. As for Brantley executing? the offense for only two games, I thought this was his fourth year on campus? Don't worry though you won't have to face such Juggernauts as Miami (OH) and USF every week.

Full Disclosure: I thought Florida would win the SEC this year.

11. Bulldog

not really that rivalry is played that way every year...Lattimore just came in and destroyed us. that was the only difference. remember Timmy Crybow is gone

12. Bulldog

lol

it will probably come down to USC and BAMA or Tenn and BAMA

13. xd3adstarx

xd3adstarx Walk On

lol obviously you didnt watch the game. The staff at UF is slowly realizing that they have a pro style offense and it started showing in the 2nd quarter of todays game. USC has a pretty tough schedule and it remains to be seen just how well there line and backs will hold up after trying to play a physical gae in the trenches all year.

@colemanchu, there is a huge difference in gameday speed and reps in practice. I am curious to see who exactly is supposed to cover all the weapons florida has on offense. If they start throwing in a more pro style scheme they may give teams trouble.

14. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

how do you have a pro style offense but for 4 years plus you been recruiting for the spread and urban myers system. stop it 5.

15. xd3adstarx

xd3adstarx Walk On

never said it was a pro style offense, i said they will incorporate more pro style into the schemes. making it easier to find guys on crosses and etc. But its cool we all know the rest of the east is just holding out hope.

16. Bulldog

im sorry but if UF is having problems with Miami(OH) and USF when they play them SEC teams its gonna be a completely different ball game

on your take on USC they got past UGA in the east now they need to beat Tenn,UF,and Kentucky(teams that may present some competition) to make it...id say they have a decent chance especially with Lattimore in the backfield and the Defense playing as well as they did against UGA

im done arguing with this guy GO DAWGS!!!

17. xd3adstarx

xd3adstarx Walk On

lol, you are vastly overlooking florida secondary. If floridas corners can play man all game they will have no problem stacking the box. Also I heard tackling is an important part of stopping the run, something just about everyone says UGA wasnt doing. Lattimore is a freshman, and still has yet to play in a true game that means anything. Sorry but, UGA-USC is not a bonafide rivalry match given that both teams have been sub standard for about the last 5 years.

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I just like the fact that I get to see some "real" Florida "fans". All the bandwagon'n that has been going on for the last couple of years has been disgusting. Florida is struggling right now against inferior teams. Once they start losing we'll see who the real fans are, which I'm actually happy to see.

I hate bandwagon fans but yet I'm supposed to be the T-Shirt fan;)

19. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

and whats crazy bama has bandwagon fans,i thought that would never happen, how does that happen? Seriously if they werent born in alabama, live in alabama,or lived there 3years or more, they arent bama fans. Its ALABAMA people lol. I love my state though i got tats for days for my state.

20. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Whoa whoa whoa. You can't make that kind of broad statement. My family is from Alabama, my dad moved to GA when he was 19 but my grandparents had more pictures of Bear Bryant in my house than they did of the grandkids. As soon as I was old enough my dad was checking me out of school early on Thursday to go to Bama games back when he had season tickets. I remember Bama through all the good times and bad Stallings, Dubose, Franchione, Price, Shula, and Saban. I was a fan throughout even through two years worth of deployments. I didn't live in Alabama until I was 25 and that was only for a year. Say what you will but I will put my love for Alabama up against any Bama fan. But on the subject of bandwagon Bama fans there are many, especially since Saban arrived. Around Atlanta I see a lot of them these days when I go home but in the end it's good for the University so I'm cool with it. But as for me I have never faltered, I have never waivered. I am Crimson through and through.

If you want to get to Heaven and walk the streets of gold,
    You have to know the password is,
    ROLL TIDE ROLL.
    -Sign in my grandparents living room.

21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Rainey "not a part of the team right now."

Just finished reading an article about Chris Rainey being arrested for stalking and a text alert saying he was "not a part of the team right now."

Not great news when your offense is struggling. Good luck Gators fans.

22. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

He wont be gone for good. He just needs a good talking to from someone not named OJ.

23. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Is anyone ready to concede that Florida is an average football team? They don't look like much more than that today or last week for that matter.

24. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

i'll glady agree with you. they are struggling against my Vols who are down this year

25. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

They've struggled against every opponent they've faced this year