1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Florida International

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida International

Florida International is 0-2 after a tough user game and blow out vs Florida.

They played well with Florida up until 1:00 before the half when trying to take the lead, a fumble was returned for a TD by the Gator defense.

FIU would not score the rest of the game, and Florida continued to pound it on.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

FIU was finally able to get a win..

45-21 over the Navy Midshipmen.

Junior HB Darriet Perry played outstanding, rushing for 150 yards and TD on 19 carries and catching a TD pass.

Also, Junior QB Wesley Carroll has over taken the quarterback job from Sr Wayne Younger.

So far he is 34 of 63 for 435 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs.

3. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

I played against Darriet Perry in high school, what a player.

4. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

How is Wes doing? He transfered from Miss St.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That's awesome, can't say I've played against any D1 studs..but I play with Alex Tanney who was also from my conference in high school..He won player of the year last year in D3 and is coming back as a Senior this year.

Just broke the Single Game School Record for passing yards against Maryland - 482. Previous record was 400.

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Terps 14 10 0 7 31
    FIU 7 0 17 10 34

The Panthers get a much needed win over the Maryland Terps - 34-31! Things started off great for Wesley Carroll on their first drive which ended in a 58 yard TD pass to Ellingson. Shortly after the defense recovered a fumble and we're looking to go up two scores.

However, a sack where Carroll fumbled led to a 90 yard TD for the Terp defense. It got ugly after that, and the Panthers went into the locker room down 24-7.

The defense really stepped up in the 2nd half, and TY Hilton had over 100 yards receiving in the 4th quarter.

In attendence for the game was :5stars: QB (#2) Adam Singleton for Elon College, NC. FIU is currently 3rd on his list of schools behind USC and Ohio State.

Wesley Carroll - 25 of 55 for 482 yards, 3 TDs/2 INTs
    TY Hilton - 6 rec for 129 yards
    Wayne Times - 6 rec for 102 yards, 2 TDs
    Greg Ellingson - 3 rec for 114 yards, TD

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida International improves to 3-2 on the year after a win over Western Kentucky.

It was a 50-7 blow out with their 7 points coming from a glitch on a PA where my QB ran 50 yards backwards to the endzone and gave them the ball for a TD. Awesome.

But, that was really the type of game Wes Carrol played - he threw 3 INTs. It was mainly the defense and TY Hilton who carried the team. The D returned two interceptions for TDs, and Hilton had over 200 all purpose yards.

However, Carroll did have an 62 yard TD run where he broke out of a sack and burned the Hilltopper's defense.

Next week is a big game vs Maximo and North Texas!