Florida International

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida International

Florida International is 0-2 after a tough user game and blow out vs Florida.

They played well with Florida up until 1:00 before the half when trying to take the lead, a fumble was returned for a TD by the Gator defense.

FIU would not score the rest of the game, and Florida continued to pound it on.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

FIU was finally able to get a win..

45-21 over the Navy Midshipmen.

Junior HB Darriet Perry played outstanding, rushing for 150 yards and TD on 19 carries and catching a TD pass.

Also, Junior QB Wesley Carroll has over taken the quarterback job from Sr Wayne Younger.

So far he is 34 of 63 for 435 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs.

3. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

I played against Darriet Perry in high school, what a player.

4. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

How is Wes doing? He transfered from Miss St.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That's awesome, can't say I've played against any D1 studs..but I play with Alex Tanney who was also from my conference in high school..He won player of the year last year in D3 and is coming back as a Senior this year.

Just broke the Single Game School Record for passing yards against Maryland - 482. Previous record was 400.

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Terps 14 10 0 7 31
    FIU 7 0 17 10 34

The Panthers get a much needed win over the Maryland Terps - 34-31! Things started off great for Wesley Carroll on their first drive which ended in a 58 yard TD pass to Ellingson. Shortly after the defense recovered a fumble and we're looking to go up two scores.

However, a sack where Carroll fumbled led to a 90 yard TD for the Terp defense. It got ugly after that, and the Panthers went into the locker room down 24-7.

The defense really stepped up in the 2nd half, and TY Hilton had over 100 yards receiving in the 4th quarter.

In attendence for the game was :5stars: QB (#2) Adam Singleton for Elon College, NC. FIU is currently 3rd on his list of schools behind USC and Ohio State.

Wesley Carroll - 25 of 55 for 482 yards, 3 TDs/2 INTs
    TY Hilton - 6 rec for 129 yards
    Wayne Times - 6 rec for 102 yards, 2 TDs
    Greg Ellingson - 3 rec for 114 yards, TD

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida International improves to 3-2 on the year after a win over Western Kentucky.

It was a 50-7 blow out with their 7 points coming from a glitch on a PA where my QB ran 50 yards backwards to the endzone and gave them the ball for a TD. Awesome.

But, that was really the type of game Wes Carrol played - he threw 3 INTs. It was mainly the defense and TY Hilton who carried the team. The D returned two interceptions for TDs, and Hilton had over 200 all purpose yards.

However, Carroll did have an 62 yard TD run where he broke out of a sack and burned the Hilltopper's defense.

Next week is a big game vs Maximo and North Texas!