Florida Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida Presser

[​IMG]

The floor is now open for questions

2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

How do you feel your team has rebounded from the LSU loss?

Do you think the 1 loss SEC Champion should have a shot at the National title over an undefeated Boise State or Miami team?

What do you need to do to win in Atlanta?

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

florida presser

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

How do you feel your team has rebounded from the LSU loss? Well we continued to work hard in practice. The intensity around here has picked up. Will Hill and John Brantley pretty much shut the doors and I don't know what was said but I know that the intensity and sense of urgency has changed.

Do you think the 1 loss SEC Champion should have a shot at the National title over an undefeated Boise State or Miami team? You guys know I've always been on record as saying this is the toughest conference in America. To come out of it with one blemish and an SEC title should be enough to put you in the game. Now I know some will take this and run and say I disrespected those teams. I am not and I commend those coaches for what they've done but we have had 3 teams ranked #1 in the nation this year if I'm not mistaken that should count for something.

What do you need to do to win in Atlanta?

You know the saying . . . It's tough to beat a team twice. You know people are saying well they don't have Jones anymore so that's why we got ove rthe hump. Those people know absolutely nothing about football. We did a decent job with him. That nasty defense they have is reloaded though and they have a helluva senior running back in Ingram. That combination gives you a chance to win every game.

Our Keys to Victory
    Stop the run
    Win the field position battle
    balanced attack on offense
    0 turnovers
    force turnovers

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

We open up the season this year with Southern Miss. They are a sound football team and are always in the running for their conference championship. We are preparing hard to get ready for them.

We have alot of new faces this year. They have to grow up on the run. We don't have time to babysit them through a season. That's not what we do. They were recruited to Florida to be playmakers and to compete for SEC championships. We are in a big boy league and we have to hit the ground running and that starts with Southern Miss.

Go Gators 2012

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

If you fire me, I understand.

7. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Coach, Florida Atlantic? What happened? How do you rebound from this type of loss? Is Crowell in jeopardy of losing his starting job?

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Yeah FAU. Embarrassing we had recruits there. Hopefully they see how much help we need and that they can help turn this program around. 8 drops. 4 dropped interceptions, fumble in the redzone, 4 interceptions 1 for a score 1 set up a score and 1 ended our hopes. We were around the 30 Jordan should have taken off and ran the ball, he forced it and it ended what was in the making of a great half of football from him. Jordan will start going forward. Anthony Crowell will have to prove he's mentally ready to handle more than 5 snaps a game.

9. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Coach, talk to us about your victory over Nebraska.
    What were the keys to the game offensively?

Defensively?

Game ball goes to....?

Now you face an upcoming Tennessee team, how do you keep emotions in check and keep it from being [another] letdown game?

What does UF have to do to win?

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On