Florida St. in season updates!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TRudethaDude, Aug 10, 2009.

1. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Florida St. in season updates!!!

Well here we are almost through week 8 and Florida St. has decided to update the rest of the Seminole loyal followers with a recruiting update. The #1 rated qb Steve Moore is a signed player as well as #2 rate DT Adam Rose and #4 rated DE William Ramirez. Both players respectively check in at 6'4" 260 and 6'1" 250. Steve Moore actually publicly said he wants to reshirt next year to get a feel for the college game and speed. The young player has scouts rating him as an A- thp and B- tha. Stay tuned for plenty more updates in the weeks to come.

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

just curious but did you have any user coaches competing with yoU for the services of the top QB?

3. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

3 other teams. non ranked higher than 5 at time of signing.

4. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Way to get the only 5 star QB in the class. I wish I'd have been on his top 10 to start the year. I'm probably going to have to settle for a 4 star, but at least he's got some decent speed if he gets flushed out of the pocket.

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

sweet. i didnt even know that until you said it. i just hope he pans out.

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Since we last left you there has been plenty to brag about from a FSU recruiting standpoint. In recent weeks the Seminoles have signed the #2 corner in the nation Tim Blankenship. Staying on the defensive side of the ball we have the #8 mlb Corey Abrams. On the offensive side of things we brought in a 3 star guy at center that we have really high hopes for, and his name is William Williams. He is a big man at center standing at 6'2" and 310lbs. The final update and biggest one of them all is the signing of Andrew Mitchell. Mitchell will fill the gap our 2 senior FB's will leave when the graduate. This guy is a 4 star 5'11" 241lb bruiser who will be a 4 year starter. Without bringing him in we were possibly going to the 1 back offense. No need for that now!

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Florida St. 2010-2011 Season Preview
    ------------------------------------

Coming off a trip to the championship game last year brings confidence in this team led by senior starting QB Christian Ponder. Jermaine Thomas is a Heisman hopeful with tremendous big play potential starting at halfback. Add a top O-line, extremely fast team from top to bottom, and Nigel "bonecruncher" Bradham and you have a team poised for a repeat run!

OFFENSE

- All skill positions return
    - Two heisman hopefuls: Christian Ponder, Jermaine Thomas
    - Massive and destructive O-line
    - Wideouts as a unit need to step up and a true playmaking WR needs to emerge

DEFENSE

- Hands down best defense I have ever coached or been a part of
    - Can play any formation with no drop off in talent
    - Nigel Bradham may be the best LB in college football

SPECIAL TEAMS

-Chris Thompson takes over kickoffs and punts with returner of the year capabilities
    -Dustin Hopkins returns a K after hitting 18/19 FG's last year

RECRUITING

- #2 recruit class. Steve Moore #1 qb will sit out and redshirt with 4 year starter potential next year
    - Already looking at multiple top100 guys out of this year's crop

WORDS FROM THE COACH

This team has been built and constructed by and for Champions! This year should be an epic journey down victory road. The Seminoles have a core group of returning players along with a cornucopia of new faces with unlimited potential. National title game or bust mentality will be brought out from the opening kickoff of week1 as we have a user vs user battle in Vandy.
    =================================================================

this format was used from Hood. liked the format.

8. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i think it will be a great season for FSU.. Get ready for the black and gold!!