Florida State 2014 CPU Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Merih, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Florida State 2014 CPU Game Summaries

[​IMG] AT [​IMG]

Oregon (0-0) at #6 Florida State (0-0)

[​IMG]

Seminoles Notch First Win, Infuriate Coach

August 30th, 2014

TALLAHASSEE -- You would think that a coach in his first full season would take a win against a respectable team from a major conference for his first game, and be happy about it. Meet Coach Merih;

"Honestly, that's not how I wanted to come out this season offensively. I'm mad at myself for giving Bostic that many (23) attempts in his first game. He did some good things, don't get me wrong. But his accuracy...well it was sorely lacking. We need to work with him on good footwork and have a better release point."

The aforemention David Bostic went 9 of 23 for 161 yards, a touchdown, and 3 interceptions.

"When our defense was playing as lights out as it was, forcing turnovers, scoring off of run backs, and holding them to - what was it - negative 2 yards rushing. I mean, it doesn't get much better than that."

Oregon did well to avoid the monsoon of momentum that had the 'Noles up 17 to nothing early into the second quarter. They were keyed by a career passing day from Howell (342 yards).

"Now, the kid got his yards, but when you look at how they threw it 42 times, I'd grade that out as a win every single time. The 4 interceptions we caused helped us out immensely. I've got to get that kid Will Brown the ball more often."

Brown, a senior, had 155 yards on 29 carries, and scored three touchdowns (1 receiving). The Seminole rushing attack did have a statement Coach Merih game, rushing for 210 yards.

"We'll take it as a lesson learned. We have a bye week before we take on Boston College. We need this extra week to further repair our quarterback situation."

When asked if his eyes are beginning to peal towards the game in week 4 against defending National Champion Georgia Tech, Coach Merih had this to say:

"I know people in Tallahassee are anxious for that game, but my job is to focus on the task at hand. I'm anxious to go and get some work in, so if you boy's will excuse me."

Whether Coach Merih knows it or not (chances are he does) people are looking to the Georgia Tech game as an early defining moment in his career. One thing is for certain, in that game he won't be able to survive with a performance like the one he got out of his quarterback today.

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

4 take away interceptions in the opener....Coach Merih must have kept the secondary coach intact at FSU..FSU creates lots of turnovers

3. Merih

[​IMG] AT [​IMG]

Boston College (1-0) at #6 Florida State (1-0)
    [​IMG]

Seminoles Dominate, Frustrate BC

September 13th, 2014

TALLAHASSEE --
    The bye week proved to have no rust for the Florida State Seminoles, as they rout Boston College 40 - 13. They were paced by yet another strong day from Willie Brown, who had 25 carries for 165 yards and 2 touchdowns, to go along with 44 yards in receiving.

"Again, Willie showed his worth. One thing I was excited about was Ball coming in and giving Willie good rest...I think he scored one hims-- yeah yeah he did in the 3rd quarter. That one was big because it pretty much iced the game for is."

Two weeks ago the play of David Bostic was a source of frustration for Coach Merih. It seems the tables turned this game.

"He had a great game, graded a winning performance by my standards. His one interception went right off of his receivers hands - something I saw far too much of this game. I'm going to have to warm up the jugg machines in practice I guess."

Quite the contrary to the game against Oregon, Bostic frustrated the defense as oppossed to his own team. He went 16 of 26 for 212 yards, and a rushing touchdown.Other than Willie Brown, the other trademark of Florida State has been the defense. Again they forced multiple (3) turnovers, all coming from interceptions. They also held BC to under 225 yards total offense.

"I thought the defense did great, as usual. They tightened up and didn't allow much pass yardage, and got to the QB a few times. Hell, they had better hands than our WR's out there - - 3 picks is bigtime. But 7 picks in 2 games is something major."

Next weeks opponent, Georgia Tech, lost their #1 status with a loss to Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. However, Coach Merih is very wary of this game.

"Georgia Tech won a title already, they are proven winners. We are trying to get there. We need to carry this hunger into the next game and work our way up. I'm glad the game is at home."

Georgia Tech has quite a murderer's row of opponents, but never put anything past the former champs. At any moment they can start clicking. For Coach Merih's sake, let's hope it's not next weekend in Tallahassee.

4. Merih

Quick question for you guys...is my color scheme easily legible?

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

red sucks

6. Merih

Yeah you were right, I think this looks much better

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

me 3. Nice job Merih. Good luck against the Griffster. I think he will be angry. He will come out with a better game plan. Look for lots of quick hitters, he doesn't want to be standing around in the pocket again.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    fine for me...good stuff and good win there...not playing well at all going to your place :(

9. Merih

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

NC State (2-1) (0-1) vs Florida State (2-1) (1-1)
    [​IMG]
    Seminoles Vent Frustrations on NC State

September 27th, 2014

RALEIGH - - In a clear watershed moment for Florida State, David Bostic acted out a great playaction, and lofted a beautiful ball downfield - caught over the shoulder by Dane Harrison, and ran in for an 80 yard touchdown. The Seminole Sideline went crazy, and it was at that moment, up 21-0 in the game, that the 'Noles knew that last weeks tough loss to Georgia Tech was behind them.

"Man, after the performance I had against Georgia Tech, I knew I had to come back strong and show the guys that I could really lead this team to great things," spoke Bostic, who was 20 of 28 for 281 yards and 2 touchdowns.

The game ended up 61 to 14.

"I kind of cringed when we ran that last touchdown in,"
    spoke Coach Merih, "we were taking knees but they were calling timeouts."

In their first away game of the season, Florida State had the stands half empty by halftime. They won the turnover battle 5-0, and went 100% (7 touchdowns and a FG) in the redzone.

"I've always told the guys that when we do the little things right, like turnovers, 3rd down efficiency, and red zone offense, that we're a very tough team to beat. Today showed that."

Next week brings up the abysmal Wake Forest, with 1 lone win on the season. The storyline to follow will be if Bostic can keep up his play, or if he will revert back to his old, careless self.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Where's the Ga Tech game!? ;)

Way to bounce back against the pack.

11. Merih

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

Wake Forest (1-3) (0-2) vs #8 Florida State (3-1) (2-1)

[​IMG]

Harrison Breaks Records, 'Noles Romp

October 4th, 2014

TALLAHASSEE - -
    Dane Harrison set school records in receptions (18) and yards (275), and tacked on 3 touchdowns receiving while dominating the Wake Forest secondary en route to a 42 to 16 victory.

"I don't know what it was, but around the second quarter I pulled Coach Merih to the side. I just said 'I got this, Coach.' He looked at me like I was crazy, but I think he could tell that I was serious."

Harrison's sideline revelation was music to his coach's ears.

"Dane is a special kid, very smart, and supremely gifted. Now it goes against every fiber in me to throw it - - what was it - - 43 times. I mean, I never thought I'd have that many attempts. But what can I say. I like to think of myself as a smart guy, and smart guys put their money on Dane Harrison when he's having a day like today."

Bostic followed up his performance against NC State with another solid day, going 15 of 24 for 265 yards and 3 touchdowns (with 1 interception, returned for a score) before coming up gimpy in the early 3rd quarter.

"Doc says it's nothing, so I'm not to worried about it. I should be good to go for next week."

His injury brought in Jake Langford, who was battling it out with Bostic for a starting spot. His armstrength was something to marvel, especially on his across the field connection to Harrison for a 58 yard touchdown.

The 'Nole defense held Wake Forest to 247 total yards and 33% on third down, and was very quick to usher Wake off the field on what was a string of 4 consecutive 3-and-outs.

Numerous defenders said after the game that the defense didn't even sit down after coming off the field, because they wanted to see what Dane Harrison was going to do next.

"He was setting records, man. We couldn't miss it. I've never seen someone so zoned in. America just saw a very, very bad man in his coming out party. You hear that America?"

Be rest assured Mr. Hancock (who is an All-America linebacker himself), they heard you. Hopefully, they got a chance to see it as well.

12. Merih

Like my AP writer said "The Georgia Tech game is behind them"...

...sooo I will no longer speak of it :D

On another note, Coach Merih has been notified by the NCAA to watch his language during his postgame conferences. Apparently they think "Smart guys put their money on Dane Harrison" sounded too much like an invitation to gambling... so Coach Merih is going to have to do a brief seminar on the dangers of gambling in America (n)

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    It could be worse...he coulda brought guns onto campus ;)

Harrison is indeed a monster.

14. Merih

Senior WR Dane Harrison wins National Offensive Player of the Week following his 18 catch, 275 yard and 3 TD performance against Wake Forest.

15. Merih

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    #8 Miami (5-0) (2-0) vs #9 Florida State (4-1) (3-1)

[​IMG]

Sloppy Game Exposes 'Noles

October 11th, 2014

MIAMI - - "We looked terrible," spoke Coach Merih "there was almost nothing positive to take away from this game."

Indeed.

Florida State was turned over 6 times, and only accrued 192 total yards of offense. Yet somehow, they were only down 17-13 in the third quarter.

In this instance, their worst enemy also kept them in the game; they forced 4 turnovers of their own.

"Sometimes we had a good pass rush, sometimes we didn't. Sometimes we played well in the secondary, most of the time we did not. When it really counted, 3rd downs, red zone defense, we came up woefully short."

It was one of the rare times that the defense was exposed for what it truly is: supremely athletic, yet woefully unprepared for the major (read: user) games.

The offense was even worse; going 30% on third down, and only amassing 17 rushing yards (partly due to giving up 5 sacks). The offensive lines inability to keep Bostic upright led to the aforementioned sacks as well as numerous hits in the motion of throwing, which often were converted into interceptions by a very hungry and opportunistic Hurricane defense.

"Bostic got knocked around too much. I had to pull him to try and preserve his health. In the process I learned that Langford has alot to offer this offense. His seniority and calm under pressure, as well as accuracy with the football was a sight for sore eyes. Granted, it was late in the game facing a mostly zone defense."

Willie Brown after the game expressed dissapointment in his number of carries.

"Y'all know me...I been here a while. Y'all know that I can help this team do some things. I know we were behind for the most part, but I felt as though we didn't need to hit the panic button that quick."

"He's right," said Coach Merih "he's absolutely right. He and Dane Harrison have to be the leaders of this team, so when he says something like that, I listen."

Aside from listening, Coach Merih would also do well to win some of these marquee matchups. He can't rest on the laurels of his victory over Florida in last year's bowl game. Seminole fans have much shorter memories than that.

16. Merih

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    Maryland (3-4) (1-3) vs #15 Florida State (4-2) (3-2)

[​IMG]
    'Noles Win Big, Lose Harrison in Process

October 18th, 2014

COLLEGE PARK - - The Seminoles showed resilience in bouncing back from their crushing defeat to Miami two weeks ago, defeating Maryland 41-10. Despite the lopsidedness of the score, the first half was played to a 10-10 draw, putting many fans to sleep.

"We were trying to get an identity going. We want something that we can hang our hat on and do very well, and our two runningbacks showed that we can have our running game be just that."

It's going to have to be, as the main cog to the Seminole passing attack is going to be out for a while. Dane Harrison suffered an injury in the second quarter, causing him to miss the rest of the game. Afterwards, X-rays found that he sustain broken bones, and will be out for 3 weeks.

Langford got the call at QB, and struggled mightily. His struggles were masked by the brilliant performances from the two senior backs. Will Brown suffered an injury early on and missed half of the game. In his stead, Ball carried the ball 21 times for 165 yards and a touchdown. In the two quarters that he played, Brown had 26 carries for 119 yards. Combined the 'Noles rushed 280 yards and two scores.

The defense held the Terps to 275 yards and only 1 offensive touchdown, and forced 3 interceptions as well as 33% on 3rd down.

The second half belonged to the 'Noles, as they exploded for 31 unanswered points.

"We need to pick it up. We need to take our identity and force it on our opponents. This was a step in the right direction."

Baby steps, but steps nonetheless.