Florida State @ Clemson

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Nov 14, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

After the advance. Big game. Should be fun.

I can play anytime after 5:00 PM this week.

What's good for you?

2. egofailure

Bueller? ... Bueller?

3. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

I am available any time after 6PM cst and any time this weekend. You can reach me on
    Aim:jv9179razorback
    Psn:jv9179razorbacks

4. egofailure

Sweet. Tomorrow would be perfect. I'll get at you.

5. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Can you play now?

6. egofailure

FSU played a great game to beat Clemson 31-14. Got booted from the game with about 5 and a half to play, which really ticks me off. I just got off the phone with JV and he's going to run the clock out. I know I had a 1% chance of a comeback, but I at least wanted that chance.

Big props to JV for a good game. He put together a big drive to go up 7-0 and then made a huge 4th and 1 stop on his own goal line to prevent me from tying it up. FSU just seemed to win every individual game battle in this one. JV's good with the stick, but even when he was out of position, his CPU players just seemed to be on Red Bull.

Got behind 21-0 at the Half and really don't have the dynamic personnel to make that sort of comeback. Once I recognized some of JV's tendencies, I put together a score and added the 2-point conversion to make it 24-8. I then forced the punt, but my punt returner muffed the return. I held JV to a FG, but the damage had been done.

Down 31-8, I scored again, but missed the 2-pointer to make it 31-14. I then forced a huge fumble (My first EA gimme!!), but was picked off inside the five (for which I blame the lag and shitty EA user/user game play). With a quarter to play, if I had managed to score, it at least could have been really, really fun. In hindsight, passing on 2nd down was probably a bad/risky call, but I had "score quickly!" in my mind. Had I gotten the TD, though, I would have been even more heart broken had we lost our connection.

Anyway, JV, you're the second FSU guy to beat me. I think I have you figured out a bit, so I hope you don't pull a Sample and run off before we meet again.

Good luck the rest of the season.

7. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Good game ego!!! My team came to play after laying an egg vs Miami. My running backs had big holes for most of the game, and my defense played really well vs the run. Sometimes the ball just bounces your way.

8. egofailure

After that 3rd TD bounced off a few pair of hands and found your WR, I knew I was running up hill on this one! I've had a stretch of bad luck lately, so hopefully it comes back my way soon.

9. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Lol that was awesome!!! Usually my tipped passes are picks so it was nice my guy actually caught one.