Florida State Seminoles - MurkYa21

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 16, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida State Seminoles - MurkYa21

Playbooks:

Offense - Virginia Tech
    Defense - 3-4

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Offense: South Carolina
    Defense: 3-4

Offense - mixes it up very well. He is willing to run on 3rd and long from shotgun formations and does it very well (I believe he converted 2 3rd and 8's on me that way).

Defense - Holy ****. He smoked me here. He was blitzing from all angles, regardless of my formation, and his DB's make plays on balls that are really tough to beat. I'd recommend finding a way to run the ball and keep him honest, which I couldn't do because I fell behind.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Offense: I think he actually used East Carolina playbook. Ran me into the ground. I was surprised after the game, didn't have a ton of yards...130-140, but really controlled the clock with his ground game. Gave himself a lot of 2nd and short, 3rd and short opportunities. Forced me to move an 8th guy up or run blitz, which opened up the passing game. Used a lot of I form on first down. Didn't mess around on 3rd and short, just ran it and moved on to 1st down. The times I got him into 3rd and long, obvious passing situations, I was able to get some pressure on him and force 3 interceptions. You have to be able to stop his rushing attack, or he'll eat you alive.

Defense: This is where I lost the game against Murk. He ran out of the 3-4 and went to the 2-4-5 and I think some 1-5-5 on passing downs. He had me confused with all the different sets and blitz looks. While the game was going on, he got so much pressure on my QB that I felt he was blitzing 6 guys on every play. I went back and ran thru a lot of plays in the highlight package, he brought 4 guys on 70-80% of the pass plays. It just felt like he brought more. He does a great job of mixing up the defense and where those other 2 rushers are coming from, which makes it very hard to get a pre-snap read. A lot of zone blitzes. Very good at switching players and user controlling picks...did that to me twice.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yes, thanks and fixed.

No, that's only in the Multiple D book, and it's also banned. I did go to the 2-4-5 more than usual. Tried to give you a different look, not sure if it worked. gg man.

5. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

suprised you move Bradham inside Murk kills LB awareness moving them inside do you controll the MLB a lot?

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Offense-- Bill Ruffin. Bill Ruffin. Bill Ruffin. It felt like the whole offense is based on him. Murk mixes it up really well, but everything is meant to set up Ruffin. He gets a 5 yard gain on first down......here comes the PA deep ball. Threw it deep 3 time to Ruffin and once to someone else..Easterling? Va Tech's offense is one of the most diverse, so look for all formations, including wildcat. He uses One of his WR's as the QB and even passed out of it.

Defense-- Read my last post about Murks defense. Not much has changed. I can say there is more zone than man, particularly in the red zone. His RE is unreal.