Florida State vs North Carolina

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kingerock, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

Florida State vs North Carolina

It would be a test of wills, running attacks and defenses going into the game, but it ended up being turnovers that decided it. Both defenses left the opposing offenses with nothing. While each team was able to assemble some drives, all but 1 for each team stalled. Most of FSU's ended in punts and unfortunately for UNC 5 times the QB was picked off in the game, with 3 returned for TDs.

Final score

FSU - 28
    UNC - 7

POTG - T Parks, saftey, had 3 INTs, 2 returned for TDs including a late 'nail in the coffin' pick 6 at the end of the 4th quarter with UNC driving. That put the game at 28-7 instead of 21-14.

gg Bly. I could do nothing on offense and got the lucky bounces with the INT's.

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

dunno what anybody else thinks but IMO intercepting a pass with 15 seconds left and returning it for a TD is kind of a dick move. wasn't happy about that and honestly surprised kinger would do something like that.

up 21-7 you take it, go out of bounds or something and then just kneel out the clock. at least that would have been the class thing to do.

3. Kingerock

I didn't think a 2 score lead was a given victory. again, if you score instead of me it's 21-14 with 3 time outs and an upcoming onside kick. don't mean to offend, but I think if I can pick 6 in that scenario I'm taking it. If u had no time outs or I was up by more that 2 scores, it's a different situation.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I dont have a problem with it at this point......everyone is pretty cool and i dont see any moves with scoring late intentional rubbing it in.

Thats sounds like a frustrating game for Bly so i can understand where your coming from also.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

From a purely "sim" standpoint a lot depends on if he caught it with nothing but green, or had to weave through the D. you'd never see a guy weave through the D, he'd preserve the game and avoid fumbling. But if there's only green, then it'd be really un-sim to run it out of bounds there. I dove on the ground with only green in front of me once before (just before we got booted lol) against Ryno but I had a better lead than that. Like, if a team is just about to give up an important touchdown then all of a sudden a guy makes a pick and he has an easy shot at a TD he goes every time.

Frustrating of course, but it's sim football in that situation (just my opinion). I guess if I had to say, I'd probably return the TD for a score except for against you Bly, now that I know... lol. Not worth it if you know the guy is gonna be sore.

Good win Kinger, now just one more.... :)

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

FSU playing for the polls with the ACC championship looming on the horizon. With the rankings a major consideration a 28-7 final might impress the voters that didn't watch the game and just looked at the score.

Bly I think that is one you remember, if it struck you as the wrong thing to do. I'm sure FSU will have their game circled come this time next year.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

only up two scores, im takin it to the house every time.

Good win Kinger

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Depends on the situation. A TD for UNC there and its a one score game.

If the throw is too the flat and the cb picks it off he is taking it back every time in a real game.

If you get a pick in the middle of the field I can see taking a dive, it happens at the end of games.

Personally I would expect that one to get taken back on me, but I have no idea what kind of play it happened on.

Nice win Kinger. UNC vs FSU just got interesting.

9. BlyGilmore

It was a pick near one of the hashmarks inside the 5 yard line. And he bobbed and zig-zaged to return it. i don't buy the "i didn't think it was locked up" logic. returning it inside my 10 and then downing it would have killed the game.

i'm not saying he should have downed the ball right after the INT, but there was no reason for him to run the last 30 yards when he was all along for the TD.

class move would have been to down it. sportsmanlike move would have been to down it - especially since the reason i had timeouts was i wasn't calling them on my last drive.

10. BlyGilmore

certainly frustrating. i've just had a ton of fucked up interceptions the last few weeks and its wearing on me. i.e. the first one I threw was some kind of weird super lob pass to a TE running a slant that was picked no where near the intended receiver. I had two picks on plays where my WR had seperation on the defender but the ball was inexplicably thrown short. one where my receiver never tried to catch a ball so the safety BEHIND him picked it off. just stupid stuff that is beyond your control and makes you wonder why you're playing in the first place.

11. BRUCE80

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KJWSm13LBh8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KJWSm13LBh8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Passing ain't exactly ya strong suit lol. I remember scouting your team last year and ya QB had like 3TD's to 14 INT's or something like that. I immediately creamed myself hoping to get 3+ INT's against you :)

13. BRUCE80

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7yJ8Q6GewQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7yJ8Q6GewQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Check your controller......sometimes my left and right stick get stuck in up mode or down mode. I can tell cuase sometimes when I go into the menus and I put the controller down and the fucking thing is still scrolling down....im like WTF?!?!?

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol at Bruce...

16. BlyGilmore

yeah and i also had the lowest rated QB of all the 12 teams, one receiver over 90 overall (at 91) and no QBs with over low 70s speed.

certainly easier to pass when you can run around like a lunatic every time you don't have guys open.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah that has certainly worked out well for me(n)

18. BlyGilmore

did fine for you last year didn't it?

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Sounds like an issue with ya offense. We had similar parts on offense. Only difference was at QB where I had 86 spd QB. I wouldn't dare run fleXbox One with a slow QB like that. Also I didn't have a WR over 90 and 1 WR over 90 speed.

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Nope......Taylor got hurt because of it and the season was basically over after that.

21. BlyGilmore

you were 11-2 last year and ranked 8th in the country.

22. Kingerock

I caught it on the hash, made a move outside the TE being blocked and headed for the sideline to outrun the Olineman. Hardly zig zag and bob and weave. But if you want to believe it was foul then it was foul.

Sorry for unsportsmanlike play.

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

true but I can tell you it wasn't b/c I was running around with Taylor. Ill stand by that.

24. BlyGilmore

not what i said ... just said it makes it easier to pass when you have that extra escape valve.

25. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

WTF Bly, I thought we were cool and now I find out your giving all these guys pics and not me.