Florida Takes Down 3rd National Title in 6 Seasons!

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Mar 17, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#2 Texas 24​
    #1 UF 52​
    14-0!!!

The Gators showed up to the Superdome with victory on their mind. They came out and laid it on the cocky Longhorns who thought they'd prove all their doubters wrong as UF was favored heavily in this one. Not so much.

UF got monster games from it's big play makers. Led by heisman winning QB Nick Dickens (I'm pretty sure he's gone to the NFL after this game) the Gators offense was unstoppable. If it wasn't for a fumble on the first possession by HB Pennington in the red zone I think the Gators would have scored on every possession.

After the fumble the Gators D stopped the Longhorns in their tracks forcing a punt. On UF's first play Dickens would connect with WR Derrick Herring for a 62 yard TD pass as Herring split the safeties on a post route and raced to pay dirt. Herring would have himself a monster day as the Longhorns seemed determined to play man to man coverage leaving a LB on Herring all game long.

After another Texas punt, Dickens found WR Jonathon Carter from 13 yards out to make the score 0-14 midway through the first.

After yet another Texas punt, Dickens called his own number on what was the best read option I've ever ran in this game!!! Dickens pulled it as the DE crashed and found the defense out of position and hit a hole right up the middle (kind of a quasi inverted veer look) and he was off to the races using his blazing speed to out run the entire Texas defense for an 84 yard TD. Check the highlight online. Awesome! 0-21 Gators after one.

Texas finally got on the board to open the 2nd quarter when QB Hines hit FB Dodds (playing WR) for a 36 yard TD pass as the big FB burns my 90+ speed CB on a crossing route.

Dickens would give the Longhorns hope when he tossed an INT on the ensuing Gator possession giving Texas a chance to make it a one score game. The UF defense came up with a stop forcing a punt though and Dickens would add another rushing TD on the next UF drive taking an option keeper in from one yard out. 7-28 Gators.

Texas would go into hurry up cheesedick mode grabbing a FG to end the first half and getting a TD to open the 2nd half when their FB playing WR again snagged a 8 yard TD pass. 17-28 UF.

Herring would put the Gators on his back again though catching back to back TD passes of 72 and 10 yards to put the Gators solidly in front 17-42.

Texas added another TD in the 4th to bring it to 24-42 with their cheesedick hurry up offense in full effect. With 5 minutes left in the quarter though the Gators looked to work the clock but were saddled with a 3rd and long. The Gators dialed up a flood pass and the defense clearly had no idea it was coming as Dickens hit Herring on an uncovered out route that he took 64 yards to pay dirt. (I wasn't looking to run up the score here, just tried to keep the chains moving but as you can see from the replay, nobody was even around him.)

Gameball - QB Nick Dickens 309.6, 20/23, 437 yds, 5 TDs, INT, 12 att, 170 yds, 2 TDs (probably his farewell game, props to the cpu for playing 4-3 all game long)

Notables
    Texas
    QB Hines 180.1, 29/36, 396 yds, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
    HB Dunbar 18 att 54 yds TD
    WR Dodds 7 rec 106 yds 2 TDs

UF
    HB Pennington 9 att 25 yds
    WR Herring 8 rec 300 yds 4 TDs (This wasn't intentional I swear! They simply didn't cover the guy. As a result I could probably lose all 3 starting WRs now.)

2. GoGators

Side note - This game was really weird. Texas had a guard playing FB and they threw a couple passes to him and the dude caught them as clean as a WR and turned up field with the ball like he was TO. Also, for whatever reason, Texas was using Penn St's playbook, not sure how that happened. And it was absolutely screwy. My guys controlled by the cpu looked lost. There were all kinds of weird plays in this one. One play their QB was hit as he threw it under-throwing his WR on a streak route by like 20 yards. Magically though the WR was able to stop on a dime and teleport back to the ball and catch it before my defense could even react. Similar things would happen where their guys would catch the ball and my guys would keep running right by them. Weirdest stuff I've seen. I'd rather play users than play the cpu anymore. Some of this stuff is just unbearable.

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

52-24 :rolleyes: lol.. Oh yeah, congrats though.. As much as it pains me to say this, it's going to keep happening I'm afraid.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Congrats man!! The BCS title stays in Florida!! (its just in the wrong city)

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

blah

you all let SHERM win...

smh

6. AJ Hart MN

His Florida team is no joke my friend.. :redcard:

7. KnightNoles

stick to :goal:

8. GoGators

I'm sure you still remember the days of Auburn getting taken to the woodshed.

9. KnightNoles

keyword...

but not after I got my team right, I owned.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Congrats Sherm, someone has seriously got to put an end to this....haha

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Just keep him up past his bedtime, get me a better team, and I will do it for y'all :p

Congrats Sherm!

12. AJ Hart MN

:eek:
    Get out of here already :p J/K If your a Noles fan, you're alright in my book (y)