FNG Recruiting Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 21, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

FNG Recruiting Question

Alright how many guys actually are out of SEC recruiting zones? I'm looking thru some "outside" recruits and SEC teams have offered them scholarships. I'm really confused and I wanna call bullshit so bad but don't fully understand the rules I guess. Somebody has a recruit from Washington state, really? He wanted to come all the way down south instead of going to USC.

I'm confused...

2. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

if they are not in one of the SEC states, you cannot recruit them unless they are interested in you which means that you are one of their top 10 favorite schools. i don't know how they keep up with it, but i guess guys just have to have integrity.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I don't know how long y'all have had this OD up before y'all came to TF, I'm just saying. I'm not hating either because I would love to wander into another state eventually. Just never seen a player from way out west "want" to come to the deep south without a prior pipeline being established. And I won't put the user on blast because I'm pretty sure someone else probably has tried a fast one or recruited one by mistake before.

Oh well, my rant is over. Just had to let out some frustrations because this damn FB is pissing me off. A flippin one star gets pissed the moment I talk about something he doesn't want to talk about and hangs up, lol

4. fsupenguin

fsupenguin Walk On

For my Gators I have several out of state guys interested in UF, plus I have Cali as a pipeline state as well as Texas so I can fish around there some as well.

5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

The rules are pretty clear and simple... Don't go after him if they don't have a green dot...

I'd recommend you raise the specific concern to itsnotagame or jdr for review and keep it off the boards.

6. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

We've had this OD since ODs started last two summers ago.

I see what you're saying but these zones keep the majority of players to recruit in the region we play and limits stepping out. It's inexact but it is random if a player outside the region is interested and this allows us to progressively form new pipelines. I'm recruiting a 4* MLB from WA who was interested in me first. It's random, but it also happened IRL a out 3 years ago.

It's not perfect but it's worked pretty well so far to keep some balance in power. Your UF, Bama, UGa, LSU's recruit nationally and they typically have more interested recruits so I didn't want to handcuff the big programs but thought this would be fair.

7. Itsnotagame

Itsnotagame Walk On

i keep a saved copy of the leauge by the week. on my off days i go back to the start and compare. it an honor system but big grother is watching. those with 5 and 6 star prestige get players from all over.