Following the Flock: The CSU Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by H22APWRD94, Oct 23, 2009.

1. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Following the Flock: The CSU Scouting Report

The in-season recruiting has been friendly to the Rams this year. With both AF and Wyoming games at home, the recruits were able to watch some good rivalries, and better understand why we wanted them at our school. So far this season, I have filled a few need positions, plus added depth at others.

My top rated recruit comes in as a 3* MLB, Mike Farris. With a great tackle rating(B-) and pretty decent hit power(B-) he should be a force in the middle. He also looks like he can cover the throwing lanes with good coverage skills.

Probably my favorite recruit is going to be either Shannon Bright or Sam Rodgers. Both will be challenging for playing time on the offensive line, as maybe one of the best lines in CSU history will be broken up after graduation this year.

A need position was TE. With backup Norman Gee leaving this year, we were looking for experience to work alongside Eric Peitz for next year. That will be filled by JUCO TE Calvin Brown. He should compliment the pass game very well and provide excellent blocking on the outside.

That about wraps up the highlights of my class. We still have a few more battles to finish as we near the end of the season. I look forward to finishing strong on the recruiting trail in the postseason.

Mike