Footage of Shaun L Mason during his High School Basketball days...

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by RynoAid, Jan 5, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

#34.... has amazing skillz... way to go Shaun

• Like Like x 4
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I wish I could watch this at work...LOL

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Did anyone else notice that it's all white dudes on the court?

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Saw this on yahoo.... he kinda looks like Shaun. His mother even compares him to a teddy bear off the court - just adorable.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

yea. pretty sure this is in Washington.

and LOL @ all of that vid. Some real quality athletes out there haha. The #5 foul would probably have got #34's parent's asses kicked and drawn about 15 of the victim's cousins from the stands out onto the court at my old HS.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  6. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Late in the vid, foul five or six - Gotta say I love it they take out the fat kid (#34) and replace him with a fatter kid (#50). Somebody introduce those kids to a salad or something.

I'm no helicopter parent like Craig James (can you believe that douche is running for office?) but if my kid got dropped on his head going to the hoop, especially if I'd seen the previous fouls first, I'm pretty sure I'm going to jail for crushing fatboy's skull. I'd bust him right in his prepubescent chin beard.

Pretty sure that would make it to YouTube.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Shaun had a nice 4" vertical back in the day.

I can't decide if the maroon team is just well disciplined/coached or a bunch of pussies. After I was sacked in high school, one of the LBs told me that he was going to rip my balls off. My LG immediately grabbed his facemask from behind and slammed his head into the ground. He left on a stretcher.

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I thought the same thing. Even the rich white kids from west Austin would have started swinging after a couple of those.

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You always have the best insight. Hilarious

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ok, somebody else mentioned race -- now I can comment! ;)

Seriously, most of those fouls were just hard fouls. Then one where he almost landed on his neck is the only real flagrant foul. All the rest he was actually making a play on the ball while being in a somewhat decent defensive position. I respect the maroon team's coach by not telling his team to go back at #34. I probably would of have probably showed my kids "legal" hard fouls.

Finally... if that was my high school (their would be police officers there) the stands would of cleared depending on the score. If we were up, the student section would probably just talk shit to the player for the rest of the game and then chase them to their bus. If we were losing... ehhh, the game would of ended early. Period. You don't disrespect the Bolt!

11. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Some were worse than others, but fatboy made no attempt at the ball in foul #1 (he just clubbed the kid with his chunky arm - there's a difference between someone who's reaching and someone who's clearing space) and the clothesline was just stupid. The other kid who managed a couple of pushes wasn't as bad, but was equally as intentional. No attempt at the ball in either play.

But fatboy is the worse of the two. Notice how everyone walked toward the kids who got fouled, except for the thug, who walked away? I've hit guys hard before. I've hit them hard on purpose before, to break up a play or make a kid earn something at the line - but you gotta pick a dude up. My kid would run stadium stairs until he puked up the 95 extra burgers he's toting around. Daddy ain't gonna raise no douchebag.

12. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Both teams just looked terrible. The maroon team probably shouldn't have fallen over like they did on a couple and were all small as hell. The big kids on the white team just looked terrible uncoordinated and were obviously just their because of their height.

I don't think the intent was to be "thugs" and were just hard fouls (aside from the one where the kid got helicoptered, although I don't think he tried to helicopter him either).

13. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The first one he was trying to swat the ball away! I think it was #3 where he tried another swat and elbowed the kid in the face, that was pretty bad. =/

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Apparently I'm a beast

• Like Like x 1
  15. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

FYI I am familiar with both these schools because they are schools my high school played when I went to school.

Back to the video, when I watched the video, I think there are two or three flagrant fouls, the others are just fouls. The big fat kid shouldn't be on the court, I don't think he can run up and down it three or more times without a stoppage in play, so he fouls to catch his breath.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Remember when fouls like these were just called "nice hard fouls". Fouls you expected when you drove the lane -- ehh, I miss basketball.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

The only one I thought was bad was the helicopter. 34 just looks like a football player that shouldn't be playing basketball.