**Football Manager**

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Timpegoose, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Does anybody play this game? I'm about halfway through a season with Hereford in NPower League 2 right now and its a lot of fun. Its basically an extremely in depth version of FIFA's manager mode, but you don't control the players. You play the role of the manager in games and set different tactics and how you want your players to play.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I've always been intrigued with this game but never really had the patience to get into it.

Do they still have the online league option?

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I didn't really understand everything at first either, but once I got into the season and started getting into some of the games and the transfer window it was a lot of fun. The hardest thing to get around for me at first was just sifting through all of the information it throws at you.

Yeah they have the online leagues, I haven't messed with it much but my roommate and I started one. It seemed to work alright, kinda like a turn based strategy game.

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Hmm... I was waiting for an Ipad version of this... dont think its out yet though

5. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I haven't played the new one too much got through a couple season's a League 2 team never got promoted though. I played 09 alot I didn't get 10 because I was playing that so much I took league 1 side Yeovil Town to the Champions league crown of 2022 and 23 I think it was. Never did win an FA cup or Premier League title though.

6. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Don't have 11 but I had 10. Was promoted from Football League 2 to League 1 with Histon and then took a job with the NY Red Bulls. Haven't fired it up in a while.....damn FIFA.

7. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Anyone play this game, I'm hooked. Might get an Ipad just so I can play it at work too. I keep taking Colorado and losing my job 1/2 into the season, lol. I gotta say the difficulty is hard, and there are so many features.

8. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

I don't have 12, but love 10. If I wasn't already going to spread myself thin, it would be on my must have list.

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I was looking at buying it for my iPod touch. 10 bucks for a mobile game that i've heard you guys rant and rave about the console version. Not bad.

10. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

10 bucks? wow. I may pick it up.

11. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I played the hell out of 10 and it is the best soccer game I have ever played hands down. It is one of those games that sucks your life away. I wish I had time for 12, the new match engine looks fantastic.

I may get it one of these days.

12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I bought the iPad version today. Very fun so far.

Sure I'll grab the PC version at some point.

13. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah I've been playing this since I think FM07.......It's a great game but yeah, it does suck your life away. The amount of teams you can be is ridiculous. If only all of us had it and could be on at the same time so we could connect and play head to head in a league.

14. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    is that an option? i picked this up on pc recently, first time i've played it but its great. i know i haven't mastered anything yet, but it would be great to do this with other people

15. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

The guys at OS have a "league" so I know its possible just don't know how to go around doing it.

16. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah, basically you create a game. Go into the FM menu in your new game and go to network settings. Click "run as server" and make a password. Then go to "game status" and it will give you your ip address/gateway address.....For example say 192.168.1.3/29.33.18.38. The 29.33.18.38 is what you give the other people you want to play with. Then, they go to "join a network game" and enter in that number with your password. Then their computer directly connects with your computer and they basically play your game from their computer. They then create a manager and select a team...you can select how much time it takes to force a continue after one person presses continue. When I do it, its usually 2 minutes. That was when one person is ready, the other person gets a little warning to finish what they were doing before it advances but the other person doesn't have to wait around forever on the person they're playing with. The problem with doing this is that you both have to be on at the exact same time which can be hard to do.

17. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

One thing I forgot to mention is for you to do this, you almost certainly will have to open the appropriate ports. I have played numerous FMs online with numerous routers and I've had to open ports in all of them so that my firewall would let my friend in to play.

18. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I wouldn't mind getting this set up with a small group here. How many others would be interested? Obviously the more people involved, the harder it would be to have everyone on at the same time, but if people had to occasionally advance a few weeks in vacation mode so be it. Just try to find times as many could be on as possible and run with it. I checked out the one on Operation Sports as to how they had it set up there, and I'm not sure I understand it, but they're successfully running with 8 - their set up is here:

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...football-manager-2012-online-save-thread.html

I may not have a ton of extra time between the PS3 FIFA league and running the Rec League, but this game would be worth getting off the ground too if there was enough interest to make it last, and I would be in for a league if we could make it work.

19. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah, I mean, I dunno how many you could get on at the same time but we could start one up if you want. We'd have to keep it quite small though I think and probably just say "Be on every day from 6-8pm est" or something like that. Or we could just do one with you and me so you can see what its like. I can play quite a bit until January 2nd, then I'm not sure because I'll be living in France for 5 months starting then and will be pretty busy exploring and going to soccer games and crap. I'm sure I could still find some time, it would just be a matter of time matching up since I'd be 6 hours ahead of the east coast.

20. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Oh and in regards to Operation, it doesn't explain too much. I think you might have been confused about Hamachi.....From what I can tell, it's just a sharing program with a chat client. I got my game through steam which also has a chat client so I can talk to whoever I have as friends while playing the game. Its pretty convenient. The game has a chat on it too but you have to go look at the chat to see messages. It doesn't pop up when you get a message like it does on steam.

21. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Sounds like our schedules are sort of opposite the next couple weeks, I would have said getting it started after new year would be best for me...I'm traveling a bit over the holidays, then back to my more consistent work schedule after New Years. I work until 6 EST weekdays with the obvious miscellaneous stuff that comes after work every now and then, so I don't know if theres a workable schedule on your end consistently starting after French midnight, but if there was a workable schedule somewhere in there it'd be fun to have that going.

22. PAgamer07

I really wish they would implement something similar to Out of the Park Baseball. I played this online in a league for years in a league with 30 other GMs.

The way it worked is that each GM would make their changes, set everything as they want it (formations, squads, etc.) and then they export their changes. Then on set days- for instance Monday, Wednesday, Friday all exports would be imported into the master file, and then the league would advance (be simulated) for a certain period of in game days. Typically 7-14.

Although you wouldnt be able to actually play the matches, you could do as much as possible to prepare for the sims. And hope for the best.

23. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This would help a lot for setting up network play functionality...but I really like being able to see the games. it obviously adds a lot of depth, and they go by quickly enough only watching key plays or adjusting speed...but with my coaching career at little npower 2 Shrewsbury my first two non-friendly games were a blast just following this way. first ever game, I gave up a tying goal in the 89th minute, only to get the winner two minutes into stoppage time. my very next game i was a massive underdog in the cup against Leicester City, I got a late tying goal and eventually won in a shootout. Its so great being able to watch the outcome of games rather than just see the scores come through.

24. PAgamer07

Oh I agree. But anything would be better than the current setup with multiple managers. Even sims.

25. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

There is so much to do that it would be very difficult to have it any other way. If you wanted to get a season done in less than 6 months and actually experience the game the way it is meant to be experienced, you pretty much have to do it this way.

Cancel your travels. It's FM2012! haha jk...Well that sucks.