For the Love of the Madden Trade

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Sep 20, 2013.

?

Which trade(s) do you like the BEST between the two involved teams?

1. Browns and 49ers

11.1%
  2. Packers and Colts

22.2%
  3. Jaguars and Raiders

11.1%
  4. Seahawks and Cardinals

72.2%
  5. Broncos and Bengals

5.6%
  6. Vikings and Buccaneers

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

[​IMG]

As team owners in Madden, we all love the trading aspect of the game. Whether it’s playing with your favorite players, or just the slight adrenaline rush you get from making realistic trades that we know most likely will never happen in “real life”. The business and negotiating side of Madden football is almost as exciting as taking the field to some players. Sure we all love when our team has success and can make a long run into the postseason, but it’s how you got there that becomes the untold storyline. Did you trade away a bunch of players and/or draft picks for that elusive franchise quarterback that your team so desperately needed. Or perhaps you’ve made multiple trades because your team just had holes all over the place when you took them over. Whatever the case, the trading aspect of Madden is part of what makes this game so grand. We’ve had a handful of “blockbuster trades” so far this season, as well as regular trades that are “blockbuster’s” in their own right. Let’s take a look at some of these trades and figure out whose team is set for the future, and whose is banking a lot on these trades panning out....

Trade 1:

The Cleveland Browns sent their 1st round draft pick to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for WR Mario Manningham, DB Chris Culliver, and their 3rd round pick. A 1st round pick is very valuable to most people, but the 49ers gave up quite a lot here. The Browns got great value here, in my opinion, possibly even more than they would have gotten out of that 1st rounder.

Trade 2:

The Green Bay Packers were surprisingly being very active in trading away their young DT B.J. Raji. Raji has great talent and it wasn’t long before the Indianapolis Colts came calling. The Colts traded away their 1st and 3rd round draft picks for the rights to Raji. Another young weapon for the Colts, this trade could prove to be a great move by their organization.

Trade 3:

The Jacksonville Jaguars and Oakland Raiders were also involved in a big trade. Here we saw the Jaguars ship two draft picks, their 2nd and 3rd, plus ROLB Julian Stanford to the Raiders for RE Lamar Houston. The Jaguars obviously valued Houston very much, and the Raiders got a good deal for him also.

Trade 4:

We saw the blockbuster of all blockbuster’s with this one. The Seattle Seahawks traded away “Beastmode” Marshawn Lynch along with DB Brandon Browner to the Arizona Cardinals. In exchange, the Cardinals gave up All-Pro, All-World DB Patrick Peterson. Peterson is now paired with pro bowler Richard Sherman in Seattle, and Beastmode is now beasting in the Arizona desert.

Trade 5:

Last year veteran QB Peyton Manning proved everybody wrong when he destroyed the league and led his Broncos to the playoffs. This year, those Broncos traded him along with their 2nd round pick to the Cincinnati Bengals for speedy RE Carlos Dunlap and a 3rd round pick. This trade, to me, is based on the sole thought that P. Manning will retire after this season. A good move by both teams, imo, even if that doesn’t happen.

Trade 6:

We saw two young, talented quarterbacks traded here. The Minnesota Vikings had figured they have seen enough of Christian Ponder. The same can be said for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in regards to Josh Freeman. The teams switched quarterbacks, and the Vikings also gave up their 1st and 3rd round pick to acquire Freeman. Owner Juan Valencia was said to be enamored with Freeman, and this trade proves just how much he likes him.

So what say you Q-Nation? Which trade(s), to this point, do you think was the best between two teams? Vote for as many of these trades as you like!

Disclaimer: Please do NOT make any negative comments about any of these trades. This post is for positive content ONLY. You can scratch your head all you want, but please keep it positive in the thread. Everybody makes trades based on their own thought process and game play. Theirs may be different than yours, to each his own.

• Like Like x 9
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Damn Loren you're putting out some great content! I have something in store that i hope to get up later today..

But on the topic at hand i'm going with the Seattle and Arizona trade. Not only due to the fact that these 2 are division rivals but I feel they each came away as winners. Seattle got one of the top 3 corners in the game to pair with many consider another top 3 corner while Arizona got a feature back and a big physical corner who's not to shabby himself.

Also voting for my trade :). Raji has helped solidify my run D(except last night vs Jim :mad:!) so far this season and being in only his 4th season in the league he will only get better. Getting Raji far outweighed the cost of a 1st and a 3rd, especially considering the sim season and basically 2 drafts back together.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I like those two as well. Especially the Seattle/Arizona trade. I also like the Vikings/Bucs trade. I think that could be good for both teams. The Vikings gave up a lot, but Freeman has ridiculous throw power and can move the ball better than Ponder. But getting Ponder as well as the two picks was a nice move by Bucs management. I like that trade for both of these teams a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Great analysis Loren!

• Like Like x 2
  5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Hard to top the Beast Mode for PP trade. Mother of all blockbusters.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Alot of good trades on here..... but acquiring Peterson and dealing Lynch is top of the line in my book.... that damn Jim has an unbelievable secondary with them boys in Seattle. Cards got a bruiser of a runner in Lynch.... gonna be interesting to see what these guys stats are at the end of the season... then we'll see if it was worth it :cool:

Good write-up Loren(y)

• Like Like x 4
  7. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Gotta say the biggest winners in the trades are both Seattle and Arizona. The Cards get one of the best backs in the league which gives them something they have needed for a long time..a good running game. The Seahawks on the other hand are focusing on the old adage that defense wins championships. Unfortunately this trade makes the Rams and 49ers the biggest losers. The Seahawks were a very tough team to beat before the trade and with the great improvement to the defense it only makes the goal of winning the NFC west that much harder to reach.

• Like Like x 3
  8. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I can't believe they traded away, oh wait. Just read the disclaimer.
    Great job by everyone in filling your team needs... :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great Read Loren, you consistently step up with awesome content...You make my work life easier...it's true

I'd love to see some new blood from the Q, take notice of what you do, and come up with some content effort

Getting Peterson was a great move...Getting a starting RB and starting CB for the Cardinals was also a nice move...I think that is the biggest deal so far...and the best deal...for both teams.

• Like Like x 3
  10. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I think the Bengals trade was good for them, just so happens that CT is garbage and can't get the max out of Manning. Dunlap was disposable, due to having Moch and Hunt on his heals and ready to develop...Bengals definitely rented Peyton for a year, and won't be re-signing him at the end...Looking at a mobile QB in the upcoming draft or trade, it suits me better than a pocket passer...

I like the Beastmode trade too tho....

• Like Like x 4
  11. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I have to say that I did give up a lot but what's not to love about Freeman.. He is only 25 years old and all he needs is a little love (up grade his THA). Remember guys that I have AP and ponder couldn't hit water If he was thrown in the ocean. AP was getting 8 in the box since my mother could throw further than Ponder. Teams didn't respect the deep ball and freeman has nice deep throw accuracy and now I see teams being a bit worried about getting beat deep. Remember the draft is a Crap shoot so it's on the buccs owner on who he picks. Let's see what happens in year 3 of this trade, let's see if Freeman is elite or if he's selling Avon in year 3.

As for the other trades that Peterson and Lynch trade is the mother of all trades.. I would trade AP for Peterson any day of the week.

The Colts team is very good and in the hands of future well let's say it's deadly.

The Manning trade was good for both teams but that's if they can get 2 years from Manning.

Browns and 49ers... I think the Browns did quite fine here but the 49ers have about 3 1st 3 2nd and I think 2-3 3rds and that team is stacked... I think he set himself up nicely as he now has the luxury of going best available at multiple positions.

Well done Loren.

• Like Like x 3
  12. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great content once again Loren! Simply outstanding! EVERYONE should take notice! Well done sir!

I naturally have to pick my own trade for Peterson. I too feel it worked out well for both teams. Miki is more of an offensive minded player, so getting a juggernaut like Lynch is that much more impactful. He still got a Pro Bowl caliber cornerback back in the deal too. Turbin has worked out well as the starting HB for me, and Peterson...well, he's simply a stud.

Outside of my own, i went with the Vikings and Bucs trade. HUGE move that will impact the futures of both franchises. Not often you see teams give up a young franchise quarterback on the verge of breaking into the class of the elite. I give props to Steve for realizing a player wasn't suited to his style, regardless of his attributes, and taking a big gamble. Also to Juan for doing what he needed to do to acquire the player that he feels could be the missing piece of the puzzle for his team.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

I gotta say, Jim you are a nasty sucka....LOL... Definetly the Hawks and Cards trade is the best all the way. But come to think about it, speed at CB is not as deadly as it used to be in different Maddens. I had the Cards last year and PP wasnt nothing spectacular. So Cards win on this one, Lynch and Browner for PP. The steal trade was Pope and them Browns, great value IMO for a 1st rounder.

I guess to me when you get a few pieces that are young and valuable for a draft pick or one player, then thats a winner in my eyes. But as Jim said, every owner is different and value players and picks different. Everybody check to see how many 1st rounders CHUNKNESS has this season!!!:p LOL

• Like Like x 1
  14. CHUNKNESS

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. heathh

heathh Walk On

Went Broncos/Bengals, Carl got what he needed with a QB. Dalton can not make the over the top throws. And Manning will surely retire! Great move for both I think they both made out.

16. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

we havent made it to the draft phase yet, you will have at least 3 by then lol

• Like Like x 4
  17. CHUNKNESS

nope

18. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Even though I got great value for my trade, I too have to go with Jim and Miki trade. That was what I would call a super blockbuster trade.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I think I only have 2 1st round picks. But thank you for pointing this out. I had 6 pretty good CB's and when you really only use 3 most of the time and maybe 4, Culliver was expandable. I also had about 7 WR's that I could of kept so Manningham was expendable. They both didn't have a lot of value to me and a 1st round pick was a big get in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I agree, speed isn't what it used to be. To me it was about getting another young shut down corner to pair with Sherman. His speed doesn't hurt, but it was far from the determining factor.

• Like Like x 1
  21. CHUNKNESS

:D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  22. Josh Barnes

Josh Barnes Walk On

Tyrod Taylor will be available for your services - 24 years old, 77 overall with 92 THP, 74 short acc, 75 medium acc, 66 deep acc,, 84 throw on run, 87 speed, and 91 acceleration.

Let me know if interested.

As far as the trades go, I would say the Bucs look to be the early winners so far. It is looking like they will have two top 5 picks in the upcoming draft. As a new owner/GM you always want the ammo to bring in the players that fit waht you are trying to do best, and what better way to do that than with two premium picks in the first round!

• Like Like x 2