For those who were in the party last night

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Cheez, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Here is some of the damage caused by the storm. Recchem, you might remember me singling out Pearl City - well, this is exactly what I was afraid of.

http://www.journalstandard.com/photos/x1704354041/Pearl-City-floods?foto=0&page=0

This was all from last night's storms. Pearl City got 7-8 inches of rain, while other small towns reported 10 or more (northeast). What hurts Pearl City is that everything northeast is at a higher elevation, so the overflow runs downhill to PC which sits in a low basin (cant think of a better word to describe it). Furthermore, when Yellow Creek was out of it's banks, it flows into PC as well which leads to this devastation.

The same thing happened nearly a year ago there, and once prior back 6-7 years ago iirc.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Dang, all you and yours ok Cheez?

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

yeah, we're good as far as i know. My parents live on high ground about 10 miles outside of PC. Had a few tornadoes in the area, but none were closer than 15 miles (as the crow flies). Don't know if any touched the ground.

My sisters live in freeport, so I'm sure their basements are flooded (another town with 7 inches of rain last night). If not, they will likely be with another 1-2 inches coming tonight, and then more next week. Haven't really heard from anyone else, so I'm taking the "no news is good news" approach.

I guess rockford (where I live) only got a couple inches of rain, but wind gusts were reported as high as 80 mph about a mile from my apartment. the storm itself, from what I witnessed out my window, was pretty spectacular.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I just recall you saying "I hear and see the storm coming!"

Crazy stuff man!