Forced Depth Chart Movement?

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by trustandfall, Aug 11, 2010.

1. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Forced Depth Chart Movement?

This is just something I wanted to put out there.

In another Dynasty I'm in, this rule is enforced very strict and I think it makes for a much more realistic, sim experience.. which I think is something we're all here for.

I think it would be wise for us to have some rule about re-ordering depth charts. I don't think it should be common for people to be throwing it to their third, fourth, fifth on the depth chart wide-outs more than their 2 primaries. Most often this happens because people know that the slot wide outs are typically covered by linebackers, and it's easy to burn them with crossing routes because the linebackers simply can't keep up.

What I'd propose is some sort of rule that if any wide-out past your first or second on the depth chart has X amount of catches MORE than number or 1 or 2, they should be moved up on the depth chart. Should their production fall, and/or the new #3 wide-outs sky rockets, they should be re-ordered again.

This keeps statistics more realistic and makes for a little less cheese play.

The other thing I'm thinking is that we obviously need a big boost in CPU offensive pass blocking... We have two users leading the NCAA in sacks.. One of them is clearly going to smash the single season record, the other probably would have as well.

I'm all for having key players and great games, but I don't want to see insane records put up. I came to TF so I could get very realistic sim football.

What do you guys think? I'm not calling anyone out, I'm just curious what everyone elses view points on this are. There's a reason it was implemented in other OD's! :D

2. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

I think you bring up good points but would enforcing the WR/depth chart deal take a lot of time? I mean someone would have to review the stats on every game and then cross check to see what the teams receiver rankings are.

I don't pass much, so this isn't something I have much experience in talking about but wouldn't "forcing" the user to put his #1 and #2 receivers in the slot (because the last game he threw too much to his slot guys) actually punish the next team he played because it would put his more talented receivers in a position to beat up on bad coverage even more.

3. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

You might be right... I don't know..

How do you fix the problem of people throwing to their slot receivers an extremely abnormal amount then? People ought to be trying to get passes out to their primary receivers if they are playing sim football.

4. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

I agree your outside guys should be getting more of the passes. Not sure how you control that.

5. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

I think sliders will help this problem. Its hard to play sim ball if the game as is is NOT sim. What I mean by that is.... hitch routes in real football are almost guaranteed, in this game their like almost impossible to complete (or atleast for me). Same can be said with routes on man coverage... a slant or fade should kill man coverage, I have trouble with both. Maybe its my team or my play style, but without sliders some SIM style plays and what not seem impossible to execute. We should be putting these numbers and records up in like season 4+ not right now. I posted some Heisman sliders up on the slider page. Check those out and see what you think. They seem to play real real well for me.

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Are you guys having success with curls? For me, I hold my breath everytime I call a play with curls involved...it's like a pick-6 waiting to happen everytime

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah I got burned so many times I don't ever use it anymore. Its to easy for the defense to jump the route.

8. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

same here, I'm steering clear of the curls from here on out probably.

9. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I still throw curls (I throw everything) but yes, they are deadly..

The play I hate running most this year? The option... I've run it like... 7 times and 4 or 5 times the toss has been intercepted... garbage.

10. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

You didn't mind Houston running the option though(y)

11. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

You Sir, are correct... That's the one time all year I've picked off an option.. Couldn't have happened at a better time :D

12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I had that happen to me for the first time this morning playing as Toledo. I had played as South Carolina before and used it sparingly but never had one picked off, just thrown out of bounds, and such. It must have something to do with QB awareness, or some other attribute that lower level players lack.

13. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Well arguably, the option is one of the hardest plays to execute in the game of football so it makes sense that its so hard to run. I have had a couple picked off and fumbled, but Ive also connected on a quite a few nice option plays for long yardage. I think the key is to get north and south quick, if you try to go east and west bad things happen. Also, if your gonna run the option you gotta keep it with your QB a lot. Most of the balls that get picked off is because you think the defender is coming for your QB but in reality he's going past your QB to the pitch back, hence why you pitch it straight to the defense.