foreign languages

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by BDSDIGITAL, Aug 18, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Although I barely speak English correctly, I think I want to start the process of expanding my spanish and learning French. I want to be fluent in both. Are any of you fluent in one of these two languages? If so, how would you recommend doing it without living in an area submersed in it?

2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Me llamo Peggy Hill, lol.

I took Spanish in high school three days a week and could barely remember the basics after summer break. In college I took it 5 days a week and just dominated in it. So however you approach make sure to spend time every day on it. I would just say basic things to my friends in spanish while we were out. Writing a journal or a story in spanish will help as well also. Just try to learn and practice each day.

That Rosetta Stone seems to expensive. I would look into buying a text book and working with that. We used the textbook Panarama in college.

http://www.amazon.com/PANORAMA-2-St...5208/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1313643817&sr=8-6

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i could teach you some spanish, but it might get you stabbed by a stranger.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

You live in Florida, you are immersed in it.

Rosetta Stone is expensive but I've heard from a couple of people that used it that it works greatly.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Watch lots of Telemundo. My wife is Italian and speaks Italian (duh!), English, Spanish, and French. Her English improved greatly once she got in the U.S. and was surrounded by it and TV helped a lot. She's also improved her Spanish a ton by watching Spanish TV shows.