Formalize Advancing (Sticky with Poll for Exceptions)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by QuietFool, Jul 26, 2010.

1. QuietFool

QuietFool Walk On

Formalize Advancing (Sticky with Poll for Exceptions)

Hey guys, I thought it may be a good idea to formalize advancing. I am sorry if this was already discussed and I missed it.

Basically, I think there should be a sticky that has a schedule of the advance for that current week in the first post, which should be updated after every advance. That way we have a quick resource for checking down the line, without having to hunt through threads.

We may also consider making the deadline advancement a uniform time, like midnight two days later from last advance. So, for instance, this week we would advance at Midnight on Tuesday. That way a player knows what time he has to get his game in by. I think it would be okay if the Commish missed this deadline and advanced the next morning, there would just not be any griping for signing on at 10:30pm the day of advance, and seeing that it had been advanced a half-hour earlier.

Finally - if we can do polls on this forum, how about a stickied "Advance Delay" poll, or something similar. That way someone who has a conflict with the advance schedule can post in the thread about knocking it back 24 hours, and we could just use the poll to determine if the rest of the league wishes to delay the advance to accommodate this person's schedule. (majority rule).

Thoughts?

2. sreese

sreese Walk On

Thats what we are using the advance post for. Any problems you have should be posted there. Or send a pm to me or korenth.
    As for setting a schedule, we advance every 48 hours or when we are all ready which ever comes first. Unless someone needs extra time.

3. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

I think the advance thread dos say when we'll advance to the next week...if not, it will soon. Sticky-ing the thread is not a bad idea though.

Does anyone know if editing the first poost of a thread triggers the new post icon? We could just continuously update the first post.