Formation : fleXbox One or Wildcat... which one would u use

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Grizzlegoon, May 23, 2012.

1. Grizzlegoon

Grizzlegoon Walk On

which one would u think is more effective and why?

2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

FleXbox One because your QB is still under center but the defense has to guess which HB is going to get the ball, is the fb going to get it or is it a QB keeper. Plus you can throw out of the formation with a QB instead of a HB.

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Depends..... if you include bulldog heavy in with other 2 wildcat formations they can be tough if used correctly, but ultimately i think the flex.

If you have the right personnel the flex is really tough to stop. The defense doesnt know where the ball is going, inside/outside, QB, FB, HB1, HB2.... or pass. When you throw the HBs are almost like having 2 more slot guys and going 4wr and the QB is a threat to take off. In the running game there is so much misdirection and option plays that users have a tough time not guessing wrong with the LB.

Flex personnel needs: Fast QB, fast HBs - maybe even converted WRs or ATHs, a big back with solid speed at FB usually either a top flight "receiving" FB or a converted power HB.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

No such thing as a fullback in a fleXbox One scheme (y)

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Well, the flex bone is really something that is the base offense... wildcat is not...

I'd rather run a regular set up and be able to mix in wildcat than just run flex bone. If you mean just 1 formation for the whole game, then flex bone is better.

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

The Wildcat Formation is more effective, but it just can't be a random piece in your offense.

7. Wyrmreaver

That's it cougs.... you and me, flex vs wildcat, sec west next season! :p

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

If I am running with Auburn next year, Gus Malzahn never leaves Auburn for Arkansas State. Now only if I could get Michael Dyer to come back.

9. Wyrmreaver

Just recruit a new Dyer..... I hope we use that setup, lots of big battles in recruiting and on the field!

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Wildcat. You dont have to teach an entire scheme/concepts.

The wildcat is all about numbers. Assuming they keep someone deep, the blockers have it easier. If they dont keep someone deep you should have an advantage in the passing game. Add in jet motion/sweeps and there is your constraint. Its a great formation.

This x1,000,000

11. ItsAllAboutTheU

ItsAllAboutTheU Walk On

As a full time offensive scheme, for me, it's the FleXbox One. It has so many more years of being a legitimate system than the wildcat. Of course that does mean defensive coaches have been able to study it more but it still remains a prolific offense when executed correctly. Give the Wildcat a few more years to develop though and I think it will emerge as the newest "run heavy" option offense to counter the rise in speed across all levels of football.

12. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Wildcat is so versatile. Wildcat has fleXbox One principles. Wildcats packages are often option based plays. Years ago all this QB in the shotgun where he is the primary ball carrier would of been considered Wildcat. So i guess it is all how in how you look at each package and what you can do with it. I would consider What Auburn did with Cam Newton more of a Wildcat offense with a super athlete at QB.

Just my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  13. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

The Wildcat is just a spread option formation with, generally, a RB or WR instead of a QB. It's all dependent on execution and playcalling and is just a weapon in an offensive system. The fleXbox One is a full system that has to be recruited for to maximize it's effectiveness. In other words, it's apples and oranges.

14. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

FleXbox One because you can run the option or some Run and Shoot plays.