Formation Subs/Package Subs

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by jdrhammer, Jul 10, 2010.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Formation Subs/Package Subs

Since playing the demo, I've come to a conclusion ... I'm so glad to see formation subs make their return but at the same time, I'll miss having the package subs so I can make subs on the fly (only the stick needed to react quicker).

It may be completely impossible to have both functioning together but that would be one of my top wishes for next year's drop.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Package subs are still in the demo. Are you saying that they don't play nicely with formation subs?

3. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

They are? Ok. I'll have to try to use them. I've played mostly as FSU because I like their players as much as anyone's I guess, but I haven't noticed the option to use package subs while in the playcall screen. I'll definitely have to go back and look.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah package subs are still in the game. I have not experimented with formation subs in the demo but I plan to when I get the actual game.

5. jello1717

I just tried both of them together and formation subs will trump sub packages, but you can still use both. I tried putting a CB in @ QB for a Florida formation to test it. When I did a "TE slot" package, the CB stayed in @ QB so I had my CB -> QB formation sub and my TE -> slot package sub.

I then tried the "HB @ QB" package sub, but the formation sub trumped it so I didn't get my HB @ QB. This means you can do stuff like this:
    I always want my TE in the slot of my 5 wide set so I do that through formation subs. Sometimes I want my HB split out wide in this formation and sometimes I don't. When I want that, I do the "HB wide" package which'll have my HB wide and my TE slot formation sub. When I want 4 WR and 1 TE in that formation, I just go back to normal.

6. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Cool, guys. I appreciate that. I feel a lot better now lol.

I went back and tried it and I'm not crazy about the play-calling menu/screen because you have to select the package sub while you're browsing thru the Formations. Once you choose a formation, you don't have the option to choose package subs unless you return to the Formation selection screen. I believe that's the way it worked. It sucks a little but at least we can have both Formation Subs and Package Subs together in harmony.

7. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

glad to see this back in the game. it'll be a huge addition if the fatigue plays out like it should.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Fatigue is huge now also. Playing yesterday, my quarterback ran three options and was tired for two drives, LOL.

My halfback went yellow after two runs.

9. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

ugh this game is going to be unreal I didn't realize the fatigue meant so much in this years edition wowww

I love using like 5 RB's and 3 FB's and multiple TE's and rotating DL so this is going to be perfect cannnnnot waittt this last day wait is killing me.

10. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

nice. it'll be interesting to see how weather plays into this as well. i.e. if guys get tired more quickly if they're playing in the Texas heat versus the cool Mid West.

I mean if you have two near equal players, how often has stamina been the tiebreaker?

the progression curve for this will be interesting to watch as well. if freshman come in with low stamina ratings that flesh out their junior/senior year it might be a big factor in more veteran teams being used.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's very true. It is nice to see a change in performance when fatigued as well.

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Agreed. I'm excited to have to use the majority of my depth this year instead of just the starters.

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

5 RB's? Damn dude what offense are you running:p

14. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Sounds like LSU back when Saban was still there

15. jello1717

I'm another guy that loves to spread the ball around. In my 17 seasons of Michigan dynasties I'm almost always in the top 5 rushing teams in the country, yet I've only had a 1,000+ yard back 3 times since I spread the carries around.

In my '10 OD it always drove me freakin' NUTS seeing other users giving their starting back 40+ carries and having their starting HB getting 90+% of their carries. The main reason this drove me nuts was because this was only possible because the game's fatigue was broken.

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Like Denard Robinson for Army? I bet he carried 150+ times a season.

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya realistic fatigue will be AWESOME. Cut down on all that stat whorin

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

this is soooooo true.

I like to use two backs and to rotate my LB's and DL.

19. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

so fatigue actually matters this year? Is there proof of this? In the past, when your defense or offense was on the sideline for a few plays, they'd be well rested, which I found crap.