Forming a Second Club Squad

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by HackGolfer, May 12, 2011.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I know a few of us touched based about this last night over the mics, but for those who weren't there: We are contemplating forming a second club team based on the number of active guys who participate.

A few things that need to be decided:

• How will we split the teams ("A" team + "B" team; Times available to play, etc..)
    • Team captains
    • Rotating rosters on teams

Let's use the forums to try and iron out the details so that we can be more organized the next time 14+ guys are on and looking to play.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I would really like someone to take captainship of the second club. We need someone who is responsible and will drive the growth and provide stability.

If you are interested, please let me know.

Realistically I would like to keep the 14+ we have now on TFC's roster. I don't mind 'loaning' players in order to facilitate growth, but I think there should be a conscious effort to grow the number of club members we have to support to full squads. I've tried to do this using a number of different methods with very little success.

@RynoAid - Can we advertise this on EAsports forums? What about OS?

This will be a very controlled growth. We need to maintain the strength of our current club in order for this to all work.

Anyone else have any ideas?

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I wouldn't mind being captain but I would never be able to play with the main club again which would really suck. Hopefully there is a way to work around these things in 12'.

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Not necessarily. We just need someone to invest the time to build up another club. You would be on loan and eventually pass the captainship off to someone who is not rostered with TFC.

A temporary workaround would be to have two managers on the other club who can drop and add you back.

It's going to be a bit of work to get it going, but I think we all know how badass it would be to have a league of clubs.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I've posted on OS, and included that AJ was going to head it up... so let's see what the brings in. I also have a get a ton of requests on XBL, but i don't have time to answer them.. so i will forward them on to you Drifter.

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Please do. I guess they message you since you are owner. I have had Del message them and clear the requests to sign each week.

I've also been sending messages to every club we play online that plays fair and sim. Not 1 response back.

7. AJ Hart MN

I've got a couple of guys that I'm going to talk to.. Old FIFA buddies that I still stay in contact with. Good solid guys but I'm afraid that if they come over, they will invade our league and take over (they're pretty damn good on the sticks ;)). One is a Irish guy but he's kind of like Del and is always on late and the other is a English transplant living in Florida. I imagine both could bring in some of their buddies if they come aboard. I have other guys that I know but I'm just not sure if they would live up to the TSO standards.. The Irish guy is awesome even though he's a bit young (17 I believe), he was bascially running the FIFA league I was a part of before I came over here. I'll send them both messages the next time I see them online.

There was a club a couple of weeks ago that sent me a message about joining their team. He seemed like a solid guy, he was looking for only mature guys to join up with his club. Maybe I'll respond to him and tell him to check out the site.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Dividing it by play times would probably be the best way to go.

I couldn't care less about stats, so I don't mind moving back and fourth between teams.

9. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I might be interest in joining the second team. I played over at OS and have been playing in the league here for a while now, however I lost my mic in the move so I'll have to look harder or pick up a new one.

10. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

My thoughts:

Perhaps an A and B club? To make the A squad you need to build up your guy to a certain level, demonstrate a passion for playing, be reliable, be a team player, etc...

B club can be the lower level tier for newer players, guys building up their pros, etc...

Just a thought. I feel we have a real mixture of player ability levels on our squad, so maybe it will be a way to help facilitate growth of the players at the lower end of the spectrum, and give them incentive to level up their pros and get better...

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'd would be willing to help AJ out with this. I think that Drifter and Del have shown that two is better than one.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I know I have asked you before to get those guys over here! ;).

I don't really like dividing it by playing times. If both clubs can't play at the same time, then we might as well stick with one. If 4-5 guys are on during the day (not 2-3) and want to get better, have at it.

I sort of like the concept of Moon's idea. Not sure about proper application. I know it would finally make some of you fuckers spend some time on your pros. If you guys who are good on the sticks had good pros, we would dominate.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I wouldn't mind switching to the B squad.

14. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

I have to say I am a fan of a 2nd club being formed. I know it has been talked about before but I agree the time is right because:

1. We can talk about forming 1 til the cows come home but wel only really find out if it'l work by trying it cos if it doesn't then we can just reform
    2. If AJ n Cole were to run it I know they would run it in a good n proper way
    3. The timing I think is key because Fifa 11 has been out for a while now but its before the hype of 12 so I feel it would have a higher chance of success because the guys that last 2 mins probably wont be looking for a club connected to a site at this time.

Also although it isn't my decision I don't like seeing 13 or 14 guys on 1 team as we have had many times when we have struggled to 4/5 guys it's sad to me to have too many for 1 team n to see people on the bench when they want to play. I am also glad it was decided to be done in the forum in a proper manner and not organised chaos in a party chat etc lol. I also don't mind which team I play for at all stats no longer matter to me now I've hit my 600th game lol. The 6 million dollar pound question is how to split it up. Personally I would like to see fairly even split so both teams could have a couple of decent Any's and others so when we play each other it's a fair game etc because maybe any new lower rated pro's may lose interest etc etc. I think we need to look at being fair to both teams. My last point is I used to see the whole A n B team thing in Darts and would prefer to see team names etc again its to do with the whole equal footing thing, plus new guys may be put off by being asked to join a B team.

I would also like to see the TFC n new club put under a seperate heading to the Fifa leagues etc just for the ease of new guys to the site finding the clubs etc etc. Maybe Tradition Clubs on the front page of the forum list.

Just my view

15. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I can understand where you are coming from for this. IF this is how we want to do it, I am fine with switching to the new squad as well. Perhaps we need everyone to list what positions they are strongest at, and when we have duplicates then they can be on opposite teams?

16. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Clubs draft like the current NCAA premier league draft? :p

17. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I am down for playing clubs more often. Would love to see where this goes.

18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I would like to join the B team.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i agree.. i like the pick 2 captains and draft idea.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Eventually the league will run off of a draft premise like we have discussed here in the past.

The problem with splitting the club up now is that we don't consistently have enough to have two clubs. We need more bodies and for the people who want to play to show up more regularly.

We have to do this in such a way that we don't destroy the integrity of TFC as a whole.

Any way you slice it, no matter how we want to form the second club, we need more people in every scenario. I think the steps should be to get some captains in place, go find and recruit new guys and then talk about how we want to permanently set the rosters. I'm not opposed to loaning TFC members to the new club until they get their feet on the ground. There is probably going to be an amorphous body of players until we can get enough players to fully support two squads.

21. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

I also like the draft idea and I think as long as the clubs have at least 2 managers the players can be loaned etc without too many issues.

22. AJ Hart MN

Sorry I've been a little quiet in this thread. Had to leave town abruptly Friday morning and didn't return until this afternoon. I'll also be gone from Wednesday morning until next Monday.

I also like the draft idea but don't mind either way. I understand if you want the established players on the top squad but If I'm able to bring in some guys that I'm hoping to bring in, the second team will be just fine :)

I also would appreciate if Cole were to help out, like he said, 2 is always better than 1 and we could use a lethal striker like him. Once I get back next Monday, I'll try to get in contact with some of these guys I know and gauge their interest into coming over here. Hopefully we can get two full teams together on a normal basis.