Forum Check-up

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by swens26, Jan 22, 2010.

1. swens26

swens26 Walk On

Forum Check-up

I just wanted everyone in the league to post a remark on this post so we know you are around.

If you have any comments or changes you thing we could change or add to the league for the upcoming year it would be cool to have them posted on this message. I know everyone has something to make this league more entertaining.

One suggestion for next year from me is User scouting reports where we have each team and owner posted on the board and stickied. Then after a user game post some comments and reports on how he played and favorite plays and go to guy things that would be an advantage for you going into the game. That could also change the way the team plays the next few games and changes his strategies going into other user games which would make the league more challenging. That way we could have a gameplan going into a game vs a user opponent.

Any comments on that and any other ideas would be cool to hear.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Thanks for the post, i have posted a user scouting report in the scouting report thread and stickied it. We just need people to use it after they play someone.

Everyone should be using the schedule thread to schedule user games as well.

The more participation the better, i will be rolling out a few more things next year aside from the conference challenge

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah I think once we get into next season things will smooth out....we have had so many different users come and go this year it has been difficult to have any consistency.

4. Hova

Would you guys like me to put up individual threads for each team for user scouting reports?

I thought it was be more realistic if we have just one so you have to actually search for that report, much like looking through film. In real life scouting reports are not just handed to you, somebody has to gather the info.

Let's get some feedback on this

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Sounds like a great idea. Iam all for anything that makes the leage better! Even though it pretty much rules already

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Think its a good idea....won't help me much this season, I don't have anymore user games. Unless you think you can jump Miami and take on the #1 Penn State Nittany Lions for the BCS title.

7. Hova

Ya my only hope really is if Miami loses again or in the ACC Champ. That is assuming i survive the rest of my pac-10 schedule.

8. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I hate to disappoint you guys, but I have to travel to Miami my last game, and as you can see, I'm not quite there yet. That being said, I'd love to knock them off.

As far as the scouting report goes, I could go either way. I think we should do it, but at the same time it does conflict with the conference challenge a bit. How much info about a conference brother are you going to want to post, when the opposing conference is going to be checking it out? Just a thought.

9. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I'm torn on the scouting reports as well, I mean I'm all for doing them just how we order them is what I'm torn on.

One big thread would make you sort through everything and really "earn it" I guess, but I like the idea of each team having its own topic too. (just pretend some poor assistant/GA has already done the work of seperating the team's info for the head coach.)

10. Hova

I am going to look into getting a separate forum for those scouting reports so it doesn't clutter the recruiting area. And it will be your choice if you want to participate in giving out info

11. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

I like the idea of one big thread do you research on a team by looking through not just going to a team scouting thread... And miamis lucky they could escape Our meeting with a W "they are who we thought they were" comes to mind lmao

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

I don't care if people see who I'm scouting. It's all about how well you do the job is what matters...(y)