Forum Content Signups 11'

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 26, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Forum Content Signups 11'

This is an idea to gain more participation and forum activity for The Legacy next season. This is the number 1 thing that keeps leagues alive and exciting after playing for years even if you are not winning or things are not going your way.

As I have been doing I will continue to be keeping indepth and detailed records and results and plan on expanding them even further next league. I wanna have records for each team but want to make sure everything is set with members before I start those. I will also be continuing Freshman Focus and Hall of Fame hosting next league.

Now for the purpose of this thread. I have ideas for other things we could do but obviously I do not have time to do them all my self. Ideally I would like everyone to have 1 thing they are in charge of, I think that would be great and give us some of the best forum content on the site. However I know that some of you have very busy schedules and game summaries is about as much time as you have to give which is understandable. This is not mandatory just out there for anyone interested. You could do this weekly, bi-weekly, 4 times a year, what ever you want to do.

Now for some ideas on some things that different guys could be in charge of:

- Hiesman Race Following and write up
    - Top 10 Following and write up through the season
    - Conference previews each season with each conference having a member in charger
    - Game Predictions
    - Weekly Highlights submission and Video Creation
    - Plays of the Week, Year, Etc
    - Top 10 Recruits in the Nation with some content and following of there recruiting status (I'd be willing to take this if no one else is interested)
    - Coach Interviews
    - Injury Reports
    - Game of the Week Matchups or Previews (Maybe 1 person for each conference)

Feel free to throw more ideas out there that somebody else could take or you if your interested, pretty much a group brainstorm. You could also start this for 2015 in the West to see how it goes for a year before we start up in NCAA 11. My Overall goal is to make this the best league on the site and this is a big piece of the pie. ;)

I will make a list of Who wants to take what:

Freshman Focus - HovaTheGodMC
    Hall Of Fame - HovaTheGodMC
    NFL Draft and Progression- HovatheGodMC
    Injury Reports- Ceewo
    Coach Interiews - Bsta
    Plays of the Week/Year- Maslerboros16
    Top 10 Recruits - Bravejaf
    Top 10 Poll Breakdown - Recchem
    Heisman Watch- Pipehitter
    All-legacy Team- Hokie effect
    Conference Races- Big Suge Knight
    Player of the Week- TMac
    Highlights- Harris/Masler/Hova
    Predictions- Hova/DJ/ Anyone who wants to join

2. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I would be interested in doing weekly injury reports.

3. Hova

Alright sweet, I'll put you down for that

4. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I can have some fun with the coach interviews.

5. Hova

K got ya down

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

put me down for plays of the week/year

7. Hova

Got them video editing skills BOROS?

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Hova can't do it like me, nope.

Try to get this on that C2C level son!!

9. Hova

Hahaha Get outta here with your wall of pointless stickys in C2C. 2015 on deck!!

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Recruiting has always been my thing so I'll take: - Top 10 Recruits in the Nation with some content and following of there recruiting status

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

yup as long as everyone submits videos.

12. Hova

Alright got ya down brave. Lookin good guys

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll do the Top 10 following since most likely it will be as close as I come to seeing the top 10

14. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

what's left?

15. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I may need a course on taking video or pictures. I have never done it.

16. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Great ideas. I am interested in weekly highlights, although I'd have to learn how. Any tips? Also, how would this differ from Plays of the week/year? I am picturing a montage of big hits, catches and so forth. Is that what you were thinking?

17. Hova

I got ya down Recchem

We got a Heisman segment, We need someone for predictions (I know DJ said he is inerested in predictions but he wants someone else to do it with him so you have like the corso/herbstreit predictions), I was thinking maybe 1 guy from each conference do a season preview or update on conference standings, something of that sort, or anything you can think up your self would be welcomed.

You would have to get together with Masler to decide how you wanna work this. To gather video highlights it would require the members to save in game video and send them to you guys weekly. One could maybe do a weekly highlight reel then the other only take the best plays and create a plays of the month/year type video but it really depends on how much video you receive from everyone. I could get a walkthrough on how to submit videos for everyone. Or you could possibly do like a weekly summary with who had the biggest week stat wise, find some of the crazy statlines a CPU player may be putting up, track records and how close they are to breaking them (I will post every record on the boards so you can find them easy) , maybe a weekly segment like that that would not require actual video? I dunno just some ideas we can talk about

18. Hova

I am contemplating on doing a weekly radio show/ pod cast. lol I would just need the right software to where I could set it up so you guys could call in for interviews and guestspots haha

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

making the videos is pretty simply really. the hard part is getting the material for them...some people dont save highlights, some people forget and some are great at submitting...but with the participation in this league I shouldn't have too much to worry about

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

If you have a mic I could walk you through it one night. EA's system is fairly easy this season, once you figure out where everything is.

21. Hova

I hooked up my GH mic and it works great for recording audio lol. The radio show is most likely a go. We could probably even do interviews or guestspots over XBL headsets

22. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Where should I start? I saved some videos from my bowl game that I could mess around with. I'd like to try it out some this coming season so I can have it down by the time 2011 is here.

All I can say about material is, if you don't submit, you'll have to watch Red Raider highlights every week; that should be motivation for anyone.

23. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I could come up with an All-Legacy user team.

24. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

I'll take the Heisman watch

25. Hova

Alright sounds good Noles.

And ya that is a good idea for everyone to follow Harris. Try out your new role this last season in preparation for the new league.

Hokie you mean like an all american team from just our teams?