Forum "How To" List

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Forum "How To" List

Hey guys,

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to post Q & A stuff about how to do thsi or that in the forums. Want to know how to post pics? Ask here. Want to know how to post vids? Ask here.

Once we have a few questions and answers, I'll stick this to the top of the thread. If I'm going to get on you guys about this stuff, the least I can do is offer you a place to go for answers.

So ... fire away.

AG

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll ask the 1st dumb question. What happened to the thread with the code to do the Box Scores for your in game right up? I looked a little bit but could not find it.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Not a dumb question! I had to look in the main Tradition Football forum to find the original thread: MileHigh Hitman's Game Summary Code and Tutorial.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thank you sir!

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I had the same exact problem. I had one copied but my cpu crashed so I busted the old laptop out of the mothballs and now I'm like a mime without hands. Also I'm the guy who can't post vids or pics, so if I'm allowed to be vain just name this topic after me.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Also, if you see one you like, hit the quote option.

The text (and the code) will be in the box. Copy it, exchange your pics for his, and there you go. That's how I got mine. Once I had the basic layout, I tinkered until I got it to look how I wanted. It's a bit of a shortcut.

AG

7. Here are some things to get you going. My short version. ;)
    Links
    http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403 - Longer more detailed tutorial.
    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...gos/?start=all - This is a collection of logos I got from Jeremy7679 at Utopia.
    http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...18#post1678918 - Color codes for colored text for all Division 1-A teams.

Basic commands

*IMPORTANT* If you see a "&" REMOVE it to get the below items to work. I added them so you could see the code

To add COLOR (See color code link above) [color=#xxxxxx] “YOUR TEXT” [&/color]
    To add BOLD “YOUR TEXT” [&/b]
    To add IMAGES “URL of the image” [[COLOR="red"]&[/COLOR]/img]
    To add [B]SIZE[/B] [size=1] “YOUR TEXT” [[COLOR="red"]&[/COLOR]/size]
    Group together - [size=4] [b] [color=#CC0000] “YOUR TEXT” [COLOR="red"][/COLOR][[COLOR="red"]&[/COLOR]/size] [[COLOR="red"]&[/COLOR]/b] [&[COLOR="red"][/COLOR]/color]

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email]MileHighHitman@Gmail.com[/email] , PM me on the website or on Xbox Live.
    REMEMBER – Stay SIM and HAVE FUN!!
    ~MileHigh Hitman

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

[​IMG]

WHAT DO ALL THESE BUTTONS DO?

Many of the buttons on these forums are similar to Microsoft Word and other word processing software, but that doesn't mean they can still be confusing! I hope this guide helps some of you who are a bit intimidated by looking at BBCode/HTML!

One VERY IMPORTANT thing to keep in mind when applying the buttons above to your posts: you MUST have the text you want to apply the change to HIGHLIGHTED before clicking the button. For example, to make something bold, you have to have it highlighted -- the same goes for the color, alignment, etc.!

1 - Bold/Italic/Underline :: You are familiar with these I assume. If not, like I described above, you just need to highlight the text you want to bold, italicize, or underline, and click the button! Easy as that.

2 - Left/Center/Right Align :: Again, almost exactly the same as Word. There is a slight twist, though, that relates back to the highlighting -- you have to have the text you want centered/right aligned highlighted, and then click the button.

3 - Fonts/Sizes
    :: Again, pretty self-explanatory with the highlighting catch -- gotta do it for this too!

4 - Font Color :: This one is pretty cool, and works the same as the other 3 features have so far -- yep, gotta highlight again.

5 - POST AN IMAGE! :: This is a popular one, and an important one for game summaries and such. The first step in posting an image is that you need the image's URL (the http://www.alsdkfja,com/pic3,jpg). To get this, RIGHT click the image that you want to use, go down to properties (at the bottom of the menu that pops up), and then copy the URL. Come back to your post, click the button that I circled, then paste the image's URL into the prompt. That's it! The cool thing about images, too, is that if you select all of the code of the image (something like [IMG)URL(IMG]), you can use the alignment buttons to move the image around.

6 - PREVIEW POST :: This is VERY helpful when you are posting things that take a bit of time to work on. When you hit this button, you will see a preview of exactly what your post will look like when you submit it. This is GREAT because you can preview it without everyone seeing what you are working on, and fix any typo's or any formatting mistakes you made. When everything looks how you want it to, you are all set to submit reply.

7 - Show Signature/Auto Parse
    :: Make sure these two boxes are checked -- ESPECIALLY the 'automatically parse links in text'. If you copy and paste a link that is WAY long, rather than taking up 25 lines of text, this shortens the link. Take more of my jibberish for example (click it if you wanna see how long that WOULD have been): http://www.aldkhkjdhfjdhfkshkdfhskd...sgfjksdfkjsdfkjsdfksdgfkjsdfskdfksjdfjsdf.com. I am pretty sure these two automatically are checked off, but make sure they are...

THEN...

SUBMIT! I hope this helped! Any other questions, do not hesitate to ask -- we are all very willing to help. Also, like AG said, you can always hit QUOTE on a post you like and it will show you the code that the author used. Edit it as you see fit!

9. Good stuff Basis

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

How do you post the videos in your thread? I tried to quote it and change the EA video number but the didnt seem to work for me.

11. On the page that you are watching the video on, click share on the right side and then copy the embedded code in the box that opens. That code is what you put in your post here.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Works like a charm! Thanks for the info!

13. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

ok, I've researched this all over the net and came up blank...so here goes!

How do you wrap text around an object...let me clarify...

I have this image:

[​IMG] now I want my text to start at the top of this image instead of at the bottom like you are seeing here and continue like it was newspaper article...any ideas how I can do it?

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Really the only way here would be to wrap your image in a table tag.

Column 1
    Text yada yada
    [​IMG]Test