**FORUM PARTICIPATION AND CONTENT** ALL READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Jman, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Oooooooook gents. I waited till season one was over to get into all of this so we could get past a bit of the learning curve, but, here it is...

Simply put, if you are not on the forum actively, you will be removed from this league. Plain and simple.

I understand more than most that the game we purchased has some major flaws and even I was on the brink of quitting all my leagues because of it, that said, I firmly believe we can overcome that but there MUST be participation on the forum.

Most obvious is GAME SUMMARIES! I'm MAJORLY guilty of this one the first season and its a shame some of us were because some of the guys put together some REALLY GOOD summaries. Post your summaries (in user games the winner does it) or I will start penalizing your teams and eventually remove you from the league. It doesn't have to be a novel, a few sentences will suffice, but DO IT.

Next is being ON THE FORUM in general. I will ALWAYS tag everyone when something is happening, so, if you don't see it that means you weren't checking the site like you should and I won't give a crap about your sob stories. This forum is not just a hub, it is a community, post, talk, talk shit, tell Hokie he's a cheeser, whatever, but BE ON HERE. If you will be gone for some reason post up on the vacay thread and let us know. Take some responsibility and check it regularly.

Third, USER CONTENT. I waited till year two to get into this on purpose. UC does not JUST include summaries, a perfect example of BAD ASS UC is DECAY's award winners. If you haven't looked at that sticky then shame on you, he worked his ass off on that, VERY COOL. Feel free to step up and do some content, I'm not going to walk you through it but I've seen things done like:
    • User Team Power Rankings (this one is fun b/c YOU set the order and talk the trash)
    • Freshman Watch - who are the impact freshmen in the league?
    • User Recruiting Battles
    • Coach interviews
    • Award Watch
    Really, if you've got an idea, DO IT. Feel free to ask me for input but more user content means more people checking the dynasty and a way tighter knit group of guys.

Bottom line, if I see you checking the site only once or twice a week, you'll be done and I'll notify all the other commissioners about it. This isn't just a league, its also an auditioning tool for getting into Premier leagues down the road, commissioners talk about their good/bad members.

Please acknowledge you read this and understand it AND feel free to discuss it!!

Hokie Effect
    annil8tion
    ChuckDzzNutz
    GatorJes
    Matthew Keves
    Coacher
    papaloke
    Dwreck
    IXI DECAY IXI
    Baron
    GMangs

2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Acknowledged Comrade Question.

Also, this is like the third thread you've tagged me in in the last day, and I have ZERO notifications for any of them.

3. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Read and agreed! I'm looking to hopefully add a little more UC this season so I will be putting some ideas together and hopefully roll out something new to go with the awards. Might try and do a bi-weekly award watch to make it easier on my behalf of awarding them at seasons end.

4. Jman

Well shit.

How about this one Baron

5. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

lol That one did. It's weird, as soon as I said something I get EIGHT notifications. It's like the forum... it knows!

6. Jman

Haha, good deal.

I have read and acknowledged my own R&A as well...hehe

7. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

got it, get it, good

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

9. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Yeah. I'll do better also. No excuse but i hated my squad so much and wasvso bad and pissed i didnt want to re-live it. That said i think it was a solid season 1 and hopefully we keep this going a long time cause it'd be a shame not to reach our goals

10. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Acknowledged.

11. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Acknowledged

12. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Acknowledged also and Im in the same boat as Baron, you have tagged me a in couple of threads but I haven't received any notification for them.

13. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Acknowledged