FOTY Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

I tried to do this like 3-4 "weeks" ago but we have flown through them and the night I actually had a good write up the forums crapped out so here I go again. Only four submissions for this, if you want in on it let me know.

1) Frankling Lewis - QB - BYU - 99/144, 1641, 10 TD, 5 INT, 140 Att, 1036 yards, 7.4 ypc, 15 TD, 5 Fumble

Just recently beat Baylor, who hasn't lost at least a full season or two. Also escaped a scare in the Little Apple. Reminds me of Denard Robinson a bit, with less INT's but more fumbles.

2) Jake Hartman - RE - SMU - 19 Tackles, 16 TFL, 8 Sacks, 2 FF

Started off the season strong that included a 3 sack showing vs GT. Hasn't put up quite the amount of numbers lately but probably hasn't played as much would be my guess.

3) Jayson McDowell - QB - TCU - 77/130, 1316 yards, 13 TD, 8 INT, 75 Att, 411 yards, 5.5 ypc, 4 TD, 2 Fumbles

Had some tough losses this season and has a low completion rate of 59%. I see this to be just jitters of a starting FR. Hopefully he can win out the remaining 4 games of the regular season but that includes a user matchup vs Texas if their head coach returns.

4) Marcus Fowlkes - LT - GT - 1 Tackle

No sacks given up which is good but also have no pancakes, I wonder how much he actually sees the field. Oddly enough has a tackle.

2. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

He is my starting LT. Your linemen get tackles when your QB goes throw a dark phase that reminds you why he won the Oopsman.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

He's a beast. Slippery, fast, and i feel so comfortable with him in there. His fumbles are a problem but they are mostly me making stupid pitches or some that are just dumb. So i'd say 90% of the turnovers are on me making bad decisions.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

If you want my honest opinion, if his passing stats improve, this award is a lock for him.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

The fact he is probably gonna win the Heisman (baring a debacle against Kansas or TTU) didn't lock it up already?

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

When have I ever cared who won the Heisman?

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Was just saying. Don't know how a Heisman can lose this award

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Because Heisman voters don't vote for this award.

Also, the Heisman is an offensive only award while this is a "best guy at any position" award.

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Oh so we crown fucking Nick Skinner for winning a Heisman and throw stones at me for saying my guy was better, but when it comes to my guy doing well, ending the nations longest home win streak, and is worlds better compared to your piece of shit DE, it's outlandish. And you call me a homer you hypocrite.

10. jello1717

A. I didn't mention my guy.
    B. In case you forgot, I didn't vote for Skinner either.
    C. Please clean the sand out of your vagina.

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Then you're clearly and idiot cause no one is close to Lewis besides your guy
    You fought me on how i wanted to vote for my guy (Pauu) over Skinner
    Please do give me some more Bulletin Board material. I'll make beating you twice that much sweeter.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

I didn't care that Skinner won the award since I have noticed in my offliner that Andrew Maxwell passed for 4000 yards and 40 TD's but didn't rush for shit and was never given the time of day for the Heisman. It only cares about dual threat people anymore it feels like (QB needs rushing stats, HBs need receiving stats). Not bashing you, just saying idc wtf the Heisman says, its a broken award.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Oh and I nearly put that piece of shit DE ahead of your QB until you managed to beat blLL...

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

How many times has Jello said that his DEs only get sacks because of Dumb QB AI making them scramble? I rest my case...

EDIT: Plus Franklin Lewis has been consistent all year. That DE has had a game with 3 sacks, 4 sacks (which is one of the games Jello said his DE ABUSED an Out-Of-Place guy), and scarce 1 sack games. Not impressed. There are better DEs out there. He may not even be the Best DE on his team.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Probably isn't the best DE on his team but is the best Freshman...

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Like i said. This shit just seems really dumb. It's an indisputable fact that without Franklin Lewis, i wouldn't be winning like this. Without Jello's DE, he'd still be winning games.

17. jello1717

Why are your panties in such a wad about this?

18. jello1717

And since you seem to think otherwise, that was a complement for my guy.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

Exactly. I put your guy #1 and gave you a little constructive criticism, room for improvement. If cant handle that then maybe he doesnt deserve this per coachs attitude

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

The double standard that people have is outrageous. Especially you. That's why princess.

Not a little criticism, you said you weren't gonna put him #1 even after he went wild vs you (until you hurt him). Jello's guy isnt good yet you almost put him above my guy? It's silly. It's comical even. No one listed above is even close to the impact that Franklin Lewis has had. FOTY is an MVP type of award. Are any of those guys dire for those team? You could make an argument for TCU's QB but other than him, no one is close. There is my "gripe".

21. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Win a National Championship and you'll be on Skinner's level as a freshaman. Oh and you'll have to beat jello1717 twice to do that lol. Lose once and you'll drop to far too late to rebound.

Then win it again and you'll finally be on Skinner's level.

• Like Like x 1
  22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I never could imagine being that good. Skinner is a phenomenon. Franklin Lewis is just the better than these guys here.

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

I just dont like saying an award is unanimous so early since blLL flo is right, you have two jello matchups to make it through

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I know and aside from the year where i had to let my buddy play the 3rd after my dad was HOUNDING me to help him with yard work, i've competed every single game.

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

It sure looks like Franklin Lewis is going to run away with this with over 2000 passing yards and 1000 rushing yards and giving BYU their first Big XII Championship since joining the conference 6 years ago. He also edged out Nick Skinner for the Heisman. Can he now give the school it's second National Title (first was in 1984)? We shall see.