Fourth down & gameplay rules

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by RaveDown, Oct 28, 2009.

1. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Fourth down & gameplay rules

Just wanted to bring up some things that have been brought up in other OF and in the locker room and see if we should apply any of these rules here

1.Putting you DLine play to aggresive where you see on the bottom of the screen "Jump the snap"

2.Run commit

3.The fourth down rules currently are you can go for it at any time in the fourth quarter if you are trailing and keep it sim by not going for it on 4 & 20. I would like to make the rules a little less vague that way there are no instances where someone goes for it in a questionable situation that might piss of his opponent.

For some reason or another the rules I have been following in this dynasty are the ones in TMFL:

* Whenever you are past the 50 yard line with 1 yard or less to go, you are permitted to go for it on 4th down.
    * If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the second half, you can go for it whenever you like.
    * If you are the losing team in the 4th quarter, you can go for it whenever you like.

The last two I like, the first one I would like expand on.

50 to your opponent's 40 yard line with 1 yard or less
    40 yard line on in with 3 yards or less

If you have any ideas/opinions for the fourth down plays please chime in. I would like for everybody to post what they are in favor for or not as far as putting your DLine to aggresive and run commit. If you could give a shit whether or not you can or cannot do these things, just say so. That way I know you read this

2. b milley

b milley Walk On

I'm new but I really think run commit should be banned and aggressive D-Line should be used sparingly, like when your trailing late and need to get the ball back.

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I agree wholeheartedly.

4. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

christ, no wonder i can't win any user games. I don't even know how to do 1 and 2! But the 4th down rules look good to me

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Take away run/pass commit....

then fourth down 50 on in on 4 and 1
    40 on in 3 yards or less go for it
    like you said

I only use the aggresive line on 3rd down and longer than 4 usually when I know for certain a pass play is coming.

6. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Pass commit should be left. That way if a guy runs a play action pass on 3rd and 17 the safties dont come flying up.

Run commit needs to go....I do not remember anybody using it against me in user games anyway.

I think you either need to ban jump snap totally or let it go. Nobody seems to have had a problem with the jump snap until now so I vote it stays.

All others seem fine to me.

7. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Ban Run Commit!!! Everything else doesn't really bother me.

8. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Well run commit is now banned. Everyone who has posted is against it and IMO it's not realistic in the least bit.

Jump the snap has to be allowed all the time or not all. The only time in real life that the pass rush is better is in 3rd and long situations or when the leading team in the second half of the game has a big lead and knows the other team has to pass. It's not only the pass rush, but it also helps in the defense of the run game because the DLine are off the ball quicker and getting good leverage against the OLine. When I've played games where people don't use it I notice that my run game is alot better.

Like I said, it has to be allowed or not. To come up with certain situations where you can use it and not will be a pain in the ass to police. Plus the chance of someone forgetting to turn it off of aggresive after a situation in which they could use it would happen alot.

If anything, we try a couple of user games without it and if the games have alot more scoring then usual we can switch back to using it. What do you guys think? I'll also wait for the guys who have not responded yet

9. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

It doesnt seem like anybody has an issue with the "jump snap"............

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Yea run commit had to go cuz that just blows plays up. Thats also the reason why I say leave pass commit because it doesn't have the same effect. All the other stuff im cool with.