Franchise has advanced to offseason

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Franchise has advanced to offseason

Here's the deal for right now... The franchise is advanced.

1. Retirements are up and can be accessed via a new link under Rosters in the OF.

2. Progression and aging is done, so your player attributes are up to date.

3. The draft class is available with all attributes. It's the "Jack English (John Elway) / Leron James (Lebron James --- so fucking ghetto, I hate EA)" draft class... I'll see if I can get us some more info, but basically, everything is known about these guys.

4. I haven't touched the live draft stuff yet, and won't be turning anything on until we are settled.

5. In the online franchise website, you can see the draft picks, order.. You can also set up your draft board (they have horribly implemented it but it does work on the franchise site.).

Have a look, post thoughts or questions here.

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Is the draft order correct?

Also I'm with tank on a forum draft.

3. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Heh, if it wasn't, there's not much to do about it. I do think it was OK though, but I didn't look too closely. I'm assuming it doesn't have the same record tiebreakers correct only b/c that'd be too much detail for EA to add in (see playoff tiebreakers). ;)

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

If everybody truly wants to get going as fast as possible with the least amount of work, why would we do a forum draft?

That seems to completely contradict the whole 'discussion' we had in the other thread today?

Cmon guys quit going back and forth. You say we want to get through the offseason as quick as possible and with the least amount of work. . .and then in the next thread we start talking about a forum draft that would take a couple weeks on its own????

Every counter argument from ya'll to me in the other thread was about speed and less work. . .so what in the world is this talk about a forum draft?

5. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Drafts I have participated online with 3 other players have gone smoothly at times, and at others guys would get dropped out at the worst time.

And if the only way to improve our team is through a draft I'd rather take a week or so to get it right as opposed to throwing caution to the wind and hoping for the best.

6. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

You can see the entire draft class, and setup draft boards on the EA OF site.

7. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

The draft is nuts! There is mad speed every where. MOre guys in this draft with 99 spd then ther probable is in the whole game. Atleast the weaker teams will be adding impact players immediately.

8. scarface

scarface Walk On

The forum drafts we have done in the past have been a rolling draft until the REAL draft starts.
    For example say the draft goes live on next Wednesday, we start posting out picks NOW on the forums then when wednesday rolls around we could have 2-3 rounds in even before the draft would start.

that is how we have done in the past on the PC.
    Obviously this is new and something different see my post on using the EA OF site to draft that may work too, not sure though.

9. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Any reason why we can't start the rolling draft now?

10. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

No browns owner yet - and other teams w/o owners at top of draft make starting now difficult.

Will we have 32 owners for upcoming season???

No reason not to start a rolling draft once we know what teams will be opened/filled, and if teams are open we should just draft the most appropriate player (mags or whoever) for them so we can get season 2 rolling asap.

11. scarface

scarface Walk On

Since the Browns are first and we wanted to start a rolling draft THEN..
    Mags and the RC not anyone else will make that decision, and then I am sure they would pick for the Browns and not simply SHIT they dont have an owner.

until then set your picks, align your stars, tap your heels and be ready for the draft when it starts.