Franchise Hockey Manager (OOTP Developers)

Discussion in 'Tradition Hockey' started by Fmode11, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I came across the new game from the developers of OOTP. This time they have developed a franchise hockey game. The Dugout has been highly successful league (link) and an extension to the hockey fans at TSO I feel would be a great addition. I don't know who all would be interested in getting involved but I wanted to begin the discussion as the beta version is currently available. This would provide some time to develop and grow a roster of interested GMs, get forums set, etc. Obviously this would all new approval but I wanted to get the conversation started nonetheless.

Franchise Hockey Manager is Out of the Park's new hockey management game, bringing all the fun of the best-selling and award-winning baseball simulation to the fastest game on ice. Play in one of over a dozen carefully-modeled leagues, with accurate 2013-14 rosters, including tens of thousands of individually rated real players. Or if you prefer to relive history, build a dynasty in historical mode, where you can play a career that will let you manage legendary players in seasons ranging from the postwar era to the present day.

In FHM your team's success is up to your management skill. Build your roster and lineup, trade players, scout and draft emerging superstars, negotiate with free agents, and develop your prospects. FHM's simulation engine will provide a level of statistical accuracy never before seen in a hockey game - or you can tailor your league's statistical settings to bring back the free-scoring eighties or brawling seventies. And that's just the beginning of the customization FHM offers - you can change rules, modify leagues, edit players, and add graphics made by the growing community of FHM users.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...ailable-aug-4-new-mac-fix-see-first-post.html

@Shaun Mason - Curious what your thoughts are here and if this would present an opportunity to bring more folks over to TSO

2. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i'd be interested...

fee attached?

3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

the pre-order price will end on August 20 (i.e., the 19th will be the last day to order at $29.99), two weeks prior to release. From that point on, the game will have the release price of $39.99.

4. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i'll probably steer clear then... already picking up NHL 14 and have a few fantasy leagues with entry fees. sounds cool though, like strat-o-matic...

5. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

It's not labor intensive. You can make of it what you want. You simply make your line-up choices, choose ticket prices, manage contracts and export and the Commish runs a sim of a per-determined # of games. We might be able to get a deal, similar to the OOTP deal we got for '14 since we had some many people purchasing. I'd slide over to the The Dugout and check out the league description to get an idea how it would work. It's not console, play each game style. It's more about strategy.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Is it online ready?

7. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

yah, i totally get the concept... i was looking more at it from a financial perspective - don't wanna spend the extra $30-$40 on it. i thought it may have been free, like online fantasy sports.

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Not sure. This question was also proposed by Jesse. I don;t know the answer and haven't had a chance to look into it yet. I am trying to fix OOTP on my computer today :wtf:

9. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I'd be really interested in a FHM sim league.

10. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I got the email from it and would be interested in it just need to find out if it is online ready or not.

11. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i have had it since the beta was released months ago. its a good time! its been fun seeing how its all come together over these past few months as well.

as far as it being online ready, i cant remember. ive done so much with this and been so sucked into it offline.. let me dig around and see if it is.

edit - yeah, its online. as to the extent of it, not sure. i did a search on their forums but couldn't find the details.

edit #2 -

so not right away, but sometime after release.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  12. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

We should get a list going if we're going the route of an organized league. I am staking claim to the red wings now

13. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

if guys are skeptical, remember you could split the cost with someone bc you get to license codes to use. that lets you have it set up on separate devices.

14. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

It's less than a 360 or PS3 game... ootp baseball was $30 I believe

15. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

yeah, split it with someone now, before the deadline and each would only have to pay 15 bucks. not bad!

16. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Only issue is if you get a new computer or your old computer dies.. Alot of guys did this with the dugout though and ootp14.

17. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

OR just don't be a cheap ass and buy the game :facepalm: (y)

• Like Like x 1
  18. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

What I did with OOTP. Knew if I sold the other license my laptop would break the next day or something lol!!

19. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

hey now ;)

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads: