Fraternity Call outs

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Gyrene76, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

any of you guys out there join a fraternity in college?

Shout out if you did and who:

JoshuaAdam88: Kappa Sigma

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Pi Kappa Alpha, Spring '94.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'll keep my opinion to myself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gyrene76

haha, about fraternity guys or griffin's fraternity?

@Shaun Mason

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Haha exactly. I was gonna post in here a week ago, then though, naw not worth it.

6. Gyrene76

haha, If you guys are inferring I'm your typical "frat" guy its not the case. Personally never had a sip of alcohol in my life or ever taking a hit of anything ever. And first woman I ever slept w/was my wife.

Oh and my parents aren't rich. Mom stayed at home and dad was a Marine. Pretty blue collar myself.

7. Gyrene76

oh yeah, I don't own a pair of sperry's, ray-bans, or any visor's lol

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Haha I know there are cool frat guys out there, but from personal experience (I go to ASU) 90% are complete douche bags that are only about getting chicks and partying. I myself smoke a ton of weed, but every frat guy I've ever met isn't a pothead, they'll take a hit but they prefer drinking, something I don't do. I have a couple friends that have joined frats, some stayed chill, a couple turned kinda douchey. I don't have anything against them, they don't piss me off or insult me personally, and if you're in one I'm sure it's cool and you feel like you're a part of something, but I'm just not a fan of the lifestyle and what it represents.

9. Gyrene76

yeah I agree man...

I don't like about 70% of them. They are cool guys, but many times it just insecure dudes trying feel better about themselves. However, I've made some great friends that really would do a lot for me if asked. Still valid point, some are douches...heck, some of my own brothers are, and I will be the first to tell them.

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I just don't understand the need to pay to make friends.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gyrene76

if i had a nickel... :)

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You could buy more friends?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

14. Gyrene76

haha, clever man.

The only reason I joined was because I went to my university's orientation. Met a guy that was my guide and he started talking crap about NCAA, for real. I played online and I remember having a record online of like 114-14. I told him that and he said BS, so we played. (I remember using West Virginia that year and running the 3-3-5). Anyways, beat him 65-14, then I beat another guy that later became a brother 21-0 first quarter and he quit, then another 28-0 and he quit, haha.

Anyways, I just started hanging with those guys and staying at the house. It's nothing like those sitcoms that stereotype. Don't get me wrong there is a reason that a stigma exists, but not why I joined.

15. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm confused............these are good things?

16. Gyrene76

haha, it's worked out for me. I was just debunking "frat" stereotype, but what I said was true

17. Keller

No booze? I'm not exactly the drinking type but every once awhile you gotta cut loose and live a little don't ya?

18. Gyrene76

Well

I just never felt the urge in high school or college. I figured if I don't necessarily want to try it then why? My booze is coffee...all day on some java brew

19. Keller

I didn't start drinking until I was legal but even so, having a few beers with the guys, eating some wings and watching some college football? Thats pretty much a dream Saturday afternoon man.

You do what you gotta do but theres some things in life you just gotta do before you die and 1 of them is get drunk. Maybe thats not the right way to put it to someone like yourself but its the truth. Everyone should experience that in their life. Life's too short man, you gotta get out there and experience things like that.

20. Gyrene76

haha, what does that mean?

21. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Beer tastes like shit

22. Keller

I mean that was sort of a brash way of putting it to someone who doesn't drink at all but its really the truth.

@hova no one said you had to drink beer. drink your little girlie smirnoff, lol!

23. Gyrene76

haha, i see mane

24. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Did the Greek thing 93-95 U Maine Phi Kappa Sigma met some great guys still connected to a bunch of them even though we have gone our seperate ways. Get together every year with several of them to golf and bitch about our wives and brag about our kids. Yeah there are Douches in every walk of life everyone has different experiances mine was great others not so much but don't hate cause you didn't join or try the greek experiance. It is a great networking tool there is that common bond that you have with other greeks. On to the beer part......man nothing like a cold beer during a ball game at Fenway hell any ball park. I love beer like Ron Burgandy likes scotch. 2nd is Makers Mark and Diet Coke love that after a shity day at work. Anybody heard of the game Beer Die? Drinking game invented in Maine that involves drinking and hand eye skillz.

25. Gyrene76

Guessing you're from Boston?

So this picture would humor you:

[​IMG]