1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Freakskull's Preparation

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Freakskull, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

Thousand apologies for the quality of my pictures, but I really and looking for a job and don't have the time to make things pretty lol.

This may be useless, but I'm posting it anyway. This is how I prepare for my Madden games.

I grab a 8.5x11 page of cardstock (regular paper just isn't sturdy enough, and I like my playsheets to be stiff.) I section it out into 15 squares as such:

[​IMG]

Then I study my playbook, trying different stuff in the practice mode inside the league. I'll pick a play I like (or I have seen others use with proficiency) and jot it down.

[​IMG]

Then I'll practice like hell from one side of the field, about the 45 yard line. I use the gold 50 yard line to get a good idea of how many yards this play picks up consistently. Then I'll swap sides or flip the play.

[​IMG]

Once that is done, and I have an idea when this should be called, I color it in to make it easier to read/find. I also add what "2/12" number it is, since I have 12 shotgun sets and a lot of them sound the same. Then, after some more practice, I add little tips and such to make this play more successful.
    [​IMG]

Then, I'll have pass plays arranged for 5+ yards, 8+ yards, and 11+ yards. Then I write down the runs I like, and create a playsheet for defense. I also have 4 or 5 screens and 4 or 5 P/A Passes prepared.

This allows me to rapidly find a play I like, that matches the yardage I need, and really helps me stay away from calling the same plays. Its also much easier to remember how many screens/P/A passes I have run because its "visual".

Let me know if this helps, or how you prepare, and if you see any way I can improve!

v/r,

8E

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. seranrap7

seranrap7 Walk On

Damn that's some prep work you got going there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Freakskull

4. N0TABumblebee

N0TABumblebee Walk On

I'm going to try something like this next time I have some free time. Might help my game a lot!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Freakskull

Yes, this has been a work in progress for a couple years...

6. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Straight cheese

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1