Freakskull's Preparation

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Freakskull, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

Thousand apologies for the quality of my pictures, but I really and looking for a job and don't have the time to make things pretty lol.

This may be useless, but I'm posting it anyway. This is how I prepare for my Madden games.

I grab a 8.5x11 page of cardstock (regular paper just isn't sturdy enough, and I like my playsheets to be stiff.) I section it out into 15 squares as such:

[​IMG]

Then I study my playbook, trying different stuff in the practice mode inside the league. I'll pick a play I like (or I have seen others use with proficiency) and jot it down.

[​IMG]

Then I'll practice like hell from one side of the field, about the 45 yard line. I use the gold 50 yard line to get a good idea of how many yards this play picks up consistently. Then I'll swap sides or flip the play.

[​IMG]

Once that is done, and I have an idea when this should be called, I color it in to make it easier to read/find. I also add what "2/12" number it is, since I have 12 shotgun sets and a lot of them sound the same. Then, after some more practice, I add little tips and such to make this play more successful.
    [​IMG]

Then, I'll have pass plays arranged for 5+ yards, 8+ yards, and 11+ yards. Then I write down the runs I like, and create a playsheet for defense. I also have 4 or 5 screens and 4 or 5 P/A Passes prepared.

This allows me to rapidly find a play I like, that matches the yardage I need, and really helps me stay away from calling the same plays. Its also much easier to remember how many screens/P/A passes I have run because its "visual".

Let me know if this helps, or how you prepare, and if you see any way I can improve!

v/r,

8E

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. seranrap7

seranrap7 Walk On

Damn that's some prep work you got going there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Freakskull

4. N0TABumblebee

N0TABumblebee Walk On

I'm going to try something like this next time I have some free time. Might help my game a lot!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Freakskull

Yes, this has been a work in progress for a couple years...

6. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Straight cheese

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1