Free Agency Open Discussion *CLOSED*

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by redlishus, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Considering I only found out about the league going forward when I woke this morning, how can we start this at non today??? Pretty sure there are atleast 25 other owners in the same boat.

• Like Like x 3
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I have these same concerns, not sure why there is such a rush. I'd rather take our time and make sure everything is done correctly

3. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I have to agree here with the latest posts

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

also at work, but I think there is a way to view the CCM online. Is there not?

EDIT: and I realize, not everyone has that luxury. Perhaps we should start at 6 EST?

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Question....

Once you sign a FA, doesn't your waiver status push you back down to the bottom of the list, and those that did not claim a FA remain in the same spot (or in this case move up however many spots depending on who claimed a FA in front of them?)

• Like Like x 1
  6. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

I totally agree with everybody here, I mean we have waited this long to start the franchise already. Whats another couple of days gonna hurt to get it started right,

7. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

I agree with the guys... why are not we waiting a couple of more days? today is Thursday the roster are coming out on Saturday, what is there to gain from starting a couple of days earlier?
    I say open FA on Saturday that most people are off work and we can start the season on Sunday night?

I already have a list of FAs that i want so im ready either way, but i dont see what are we to gain from starting two days earlier...

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Miki, the roster is not out for CCM on Saturday. It's some unknown day next week.

This thread is not about when we start the league, its about Free Agency. We should start it today, but I suggest we give our owners a little more time to prepare and possibly get to their computers. Perhaps tonight.

9. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

I see what u are saying but would not there be more FA available once the new roster is release or not?

I thought the new rosters were going to be available saturday thats why i said we should wait but if it is sometime next week then im all for starting asap. Like i said im good either way just wanted to know why the rush if the rosters were going to be avialable in a couple of days, but i guess they are not...

Also u all can go to maddencareer.com and can see FA that are available.

10. redlishus

That site is blocked at my work playa.

Sorry for posting and starting this convo in here but thought it was appropriate.

11. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

^^^ First of all I want to thank you guys for paying attention to this. :rolleyes: ^^^

In any event, we have decided that we will allow anyone that gets skipped in the 1st round to still make their signing at any point prior to the start of the timed slots tomorrow morning.

As far as the reason for not waiting for the updated rosters, T.J. is correct. The online CCM rosters will not be out until sometime next week. Also, we decided that moving forward with the full preseason rosters (adjusted for real life trades) will give us all more control over who we cut and keep on our teams.

FAs can be viewed on the MaddenCareer.com website, but we have found that it is not a complete list. If anyone needs assistance with finding out what FAs are available, I would be happy to help and will be available to do so until about 4pm Eastern.

Reminder: We are not signing anyone in the CCM at this time, just posting our claims here. Please from this point ONLY POST SIGNINGS IN THIS THREAD. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. PAPER R1VAL

PAPER R1VAL Walk On

There's a huge problem with this though.

The CCM opened late last night, which I'm sure a lot of people don't know about yet. That means they aren't going to know about a free agency claim draft either.

So teams that are high up on that waiver list are going to miss out on good players that they want for unfair reasons.

I'm ready to get started too, but there should at least be a 24 hour notice.

13. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

:confused:

14. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I'm not sure I am agreeing with this guys.
    We get a late night notice that we're moving forward.
    Then another late notice that Free Agency is starting with assigned time slots???
    C'mon, there has to be a better way. Assigned time slots for Free Agency during the work day?
    Why not hold Free Agency over the weekend and kickoff the season Sunday night/Monday?

I for one will not be able to perform ANY league actions today due to being on duty. I will try and get caught up in the morning...

• Like Like x 3
  15. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I have to agree with Moe (1st time ever I think lol)

Seems like those of us with jobs that cant get to a ps3 or access the website to look at said players are being penalized. I dont see what the rush is, we werent expecting to kick things off til friday evening anyways with the roster update we thought we were getting. This doesnt effect me as much as it will others as I pick at the bottom anyways, just my .02

16. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I have to agree with CaptMoe (1st time ever I think lol)

Seems like those of us with jobs that cant get to a ps3 or access the website to look at said players are being penalized. I dont see what the rush is, we werent expecting to kick things off til friday evening anyways with the roster update we thought we were getting. This doesnt effect me as much as it will others as I pick at the bottom anyways, just my .02

17. redlishus

1 more thing. why are we doing this now when the rosters are still at 70. why aren't the cuts the first thing being done. are we going to hold another free agency periof for the cut players? that's all I got because it seems like most of our concerns are going unanswered.

18. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

We will postpone FA 24 hours. It will open tomorrow, Friday, with the 10 minute time slots. I will put together a spreadsheet with all of the players names, positions, and overall ratings. Everyone will need to do their homework for the other ratings. As for the roster cuts, everyone will be required to post their releases in their team management thread so that way it is announced for the rest of the league to see. FA will commence tomorrow, Friday, 9/7/12 at 10am EST sharp!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.