Free Agency Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Jan 24, 2010.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Free Agency Tomorrow

According to the deadline thread we are starting free agency tomorrow. Has everyone dropped their players in the game? We need to have them all dropped so people know what players they want to go after. Where do we stand?

2. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i dont know...we need to check... i will check nfc if you can check afc and we will report here who has and hasnt... plus since madden wont let us sign back out guys we cut before we need to add them to the list

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Sounds good. I will take a look at the half.

4. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

90% of teams havent done it... I think nate needs to post to let them know they need to make team thread having cuts made/ salary cap and cut players themselves to be able to participate in free agency

What are you doing about landry being in free agent web? I got bennett and olshansky!

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Yeah it is looking like most teams havent done it. I would say that I only saw about 5 teams. Landry is coming back to me. I dropped him by mistake.

6. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

yea ive been tryna resign bennet and olshansky but it wont let me

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I am pretty sure that because we are in the point of the draft, no one will be able to resign players. Not even the commissioner.

My suggestion would be to either:
    a. put free agency off till after the draft
    b. move the draft up

That way we can make sure free agency is as pain free as we can make it.

Dunno if the opinion matters, but there it is.

8. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i vote for do free agency after draft.. this is how ive seen it done in every other league winuvas

9. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I'm with Cade.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Problem with that is that you already have it scheduled. And the board has honestly done enough changes to this offseason.

So FA goes as planned. If people don't have stuff in order, they can't bid. Simple. If they can't follow directions and not bid on protected players, they can't bid. Simple, straightforward, and makes people pay attention and be active.

If they don't like it, I quite politely say, &^*^ them.

11. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I think that the players that are being released still need to be in before the draft. We should stick with that deadline IMO.

12. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

13. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Or what win said. haha

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

It's the truth, guys. We bust our balls to make this league great.

Yeah, we sometimes don't agree. And sometimes we scream at each other and bash each other. At the end of the day, though, we are merely overseers of the league. These owners need to step up.

So politely state that free agency begins tomorrow. And that there are players posted in the waiver wire area that are off limits. If an owner has not posted his mandatory cuts for averages, then he cannot bid. If he does, his bid is revoked and he gets a warning.

If someone bids on a protected player, their bid is revoked and they get a warning.

We have to get back in control. Honestly, we lost it a few days ago. So man up, let's get tough (but fair) on the owners and be tough (but fair) to each other. We have to come together quickly, and we have to get this league back on track.

15. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

true dat.. lol

i need to add TE Martellus Bennet and RE Igor Olshansky to that list

and web needs to add FS Laron Landry

16. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I am with you Win. I have a headache from this weekend.

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I know we all are paying attention to championship games, but....

Web or Cade, can one of you start a thread asking owners to post their cuts there as well as in team management? Explain that we want that due to the inability to adjust rosters by anyone, we want to make sure that bidding in FA is as smooth as possible.

Also explain that if players must post in this new thread their cuts if they wish to participate in free agency. Be apologetic for this, but explain again that we want to make sure that roster integrity is maintained.

Thanks.

18. Big D

Big D Walk On

I know I'm stepping away, but something I can do while 'resting' a bit is take care of this free agency thing.

I will work on a free agency 'book' and I will track all players that are supposed to be out there, and those that aren't.

I'll work on this tonight and early tomorrow. Then I'll post the excel for everybody. I will also keep track of teams who have completed their mandatory cuts and cap book checking and are eligible for FA bidding.

This should keep me busy and out of trouble.

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That's actually a great idea, Dunlap.

If you can do that and just post it in a thread that would be super. I started some threads, though. Got a little antsy.

20. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yup ill get it done by tomorrow afternoon. It'll make things much easier.