Free Agency

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by geauxtigers810, Aug 22, 2009.

1. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Free Agency

I figured we could post all free agency ideas in one place.

Keeper System

Each offseason we have a 3 round free agent draft (same order as regular draft). Each team picks 8 keeper players each year that do not go into the draft. All other players can be drafted. After 3 rounds all undrafted players return to their original teams.

This system could also include a pullback feature. Each time a player from your team is drafted, you get to remove another one of your players from the draft pool. This prevents a couple teams from getting completely shredded. If you select your own player in the draft, you don't get to pull one back.

The negative about this system is that we may not have 90+ players come open very often. The positive is that we will have lots of movement between solid starters. Talent would slowly even out. Teams can keep their core players if they choose to do so.

Success Based Release

I based this off of LBfitted's idea. I thought a single player from each team didn't give enough turnover, so i expanded it to 3 rounds and tweaked it slightly after looking at player overall rating for each team.

Playoff teams (top 12): Release 1 90+, 1 85+, and 1 80+.
    Next 10 (13-22): Release 1 85+, 1 80+, and 1 75+.
    Bottom 10 (23-32): Release 1 80+, 1 75+, and 1 70+.

I think K/P should not be eligible for release or people may just give up kickers to keep position players.

Positives: This system would get some movement with very talented played.

Negatives: Limited pool of players. Last team to pick is just stuck with the last player left regardless of position.

Do whatever TMFL does

This one explains itself. ;)

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lets just mirror TMFL with everything

3. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

a 90 skill player for all 12 is kinda steep, maybe jus 90 for superbowl winners and runners up and 85 75 65 for everybody else

4. It seems almost like they are two extremes to a certain extent. I'd like a system that gives us a nice pool of players for the FA draft as well as ensures that some true talent will be out there.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah, the keeper system does seem really steep. I vote we do what the TMFL does...it's easier for all of us here ;) Nah, just fooling....but really I just think it would prudent to have one fair set of rules for both leagues. Just my opinion.

6. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I know the FA is already up and running but I think we should just do a waiver wire.

Set up a waiver wire and have the FA's be able to be picked that way... If someone doesnt want a FA then they can just skip their turn.

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Just noticed the eagles went and made a free agent move already. Aren't we supposed to wait and do a draft or something for them?

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

yes were having a draft for free agents. The eagles will have to cut that guy

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

So i am assuming that this free agent draft is not going to be something all 32 of us log on to do at the same time? Are we just going to post on here in order of our waiver order to choose the free agents that we want

10. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

Am I correct in assuming that this tagging and free agent draft doesnt occur until the end of our first season being that our rosters are current with the draft and free agency already taking place this year/season. In which case we can play through the first season and then decide who you are gonna tag for the beginning of the free agent season, prior to the draft.

11. BDSDIGITAL

I'm sure we'll get all of this in place soon.

Anyone who has already made a FA pickup please cut that player asap.

12. sniperhare

sniperhare Guest

What about cutting players on the roster? Do we have to wait to do that?

13. BDSDIGITAL

I'm not the commish, but I would say everyone should just leave their rosters alone until there is an established fa system in place. By removing players from your roster you are altering the FA pool before there has been time to decide what we are going to do in regard to a system.

Again it's not my call, but I think it would be smart to just leave your rosters alone for right now. All trades need to be approved by the trade committee so those will need to wait for approval as well.

14. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

I signed an FA before reading this, but I cut him. I cut two DE's from my team, but that's because I had 6 of them. They are like 50something and 40something, I don't think they'll affect the FA pool.

15. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

Yes leave teams as is for now. We are going to get the FA thing together shortly.