Free Agency

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by RynoAid, Nov 22, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Guys, I'm going to be managing the FA process this year. It should be pretty straight forward for the most part. I do have a one things to think about though.

1. If you signed a FA before the season started, you must resign them for at least 1 more year.

I will be analyzing the process a bit more over the next couple of days and may have some additional restrictions.. so stay tuned.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

We can't always dictate FA contract lengths. Especially this year, when most younger players will demand 4 or more years.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

This was my question as well. What are other leagues seeing?

5. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

I have seen in other leagues guys wanting from 1 to 5 years. Most of them want around 4 years in my opinion from what I saw.

I do not see how money can get out of hand b/c if you sign someone to a 4 or 5 year contract all of the high cost of the contract will be in the final 2 years of the deal.

A few questions I have if you all decide to do this would be if you limit everything to only 3 years will the guys who want 4 years accept a 3yr deal?? If they do will we all have to overpay to get them?

Then another issue for the staff is what are you all going to do to people who sign for more than 3 years?? Also how will you track it?? The transaction list update is non-existing in the game so how can anybody keep up with it except to go through and look team by team, player by player? To me it sounds like a headache but you all make the decisions.

I just want to make sure that if you all set the rules then there is a way to make sure everybody follows them and has a fair chance at the same free agents.

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

after talking to a few people we will just have to roll with the default to assure no issues crop up. Removing that stipulation now.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

FA will open at 7am (EST) tomorrow morning with stage-2 (week-2) of the 2012 offseason. This period will be closed to the league once we hit the NFL Draft [(Sunday at 5pm (EST)].

After the NFL Draft we will hold a 1-round FA draft as we enter preseason (Monday night). Once this 1-round is over the FA pool will be closed. At the onset of preseason game #2 the FA pool will reopen and become fair game to the entire league.

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Sorry me no read good.

So it's a free for all tomorrow or we are waiting until after the draft for the FA draft??

9. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

pulled from IGN...

During the season, when you sign free agents, it's for one-year contracts at a set amount of cash. In-season free agents are mainly used for emergencies or to fill holes in your depth chart rather than improving team, and it's unlikely you'll get lucky.

Off-season free agency is a different beast. Comprised of five weeks (Stage 2 to Stage 7), teams can bid on players every week like they're in auctions. Unlike some previous versions of Madden NFL, you have an infinite amount of time per stage to make your bids.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

WR Mike Williams rejected my offer, so does that kinda fall outside of that rule

EDIT: I gave him what he wanted and got rejected immediately.