"FREE AGENT" DONTARI POE

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by CHUNKNESS, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Gentlemen, I was chatting with Troy (redlishus) this morning regarding the possibility of a trade. In the midst of our discussion, I inquired with him how he allowed DT/NT Dontari Poe to hit the free agent market. Troy informed me that he missed the re-signings deadline. As a result, he was unable to apply the franchise tag to Poe as he had intended. Troy never said a word to Jim, Michael, or me. Troy never complained once about missing the deadline, nor did he say a peep about losing the top rated player of his team. Not once has Troy said a word about the Ravens, Cardinals, Giants, Raiders, Eagles, Bears, or Jaguars submitting offers to his star defensive player. With that said, I am officially removing the Jaguars free agency offer for Poe. I do not expect any others to follow suit. However, if it were my player and if I were in Troy's position, I would certainly hope that the same gesture would be done for me. I am doing this without Troy's knowledge, just as I am making this information public without being solicited by Troy to do so. Although some may view it as a "you snooze, you lose" type of situation, I would hope that everyone here elects to do the right thing by not submitting offers to Poe. It will not be held against anyone if you decide to make an offer to Poe, but I can tell you that it will reflect on the type of person that you are (or are not). That is all that I have to say. Happy bidding everyone! (y)

Hulk_hagen_55
    Ninersfan80
    AveryB
    CTfromDC
    CSteud
    thafuture3886
    DJDunn6
    saintsdave75
    CHUNKNESS
    pittrocks43
    Easy Dez It
    heathh
    cry_havoc
    Phenom
    Jeremy
    LtJustice
    dablakpope
    Warhawk AKA dreadman
    Josh Barnes
    Juan Valencia
    Zikry
    Coach KO
    MrWitness36
    ThaBayouChef
    KNICKSFAN_84
    Michael Overman
    Miki1369
    CaptMoe
    PepperNY
    klaximilian
    redlishus
    Mugga

• Like Like x 4
  2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

3. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Was this before or after I mentioned it? ;)

Was in shock when I saw him as a FA

4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Thanks Doug. This is a stand up gesture, and if I had a bid on Poe, I would most certainly follow suit.

This is the unfortunate circumstance of having to set deadlines to keep things moving. We can't take the time to ensure every single owner has had an opportunity to complete their tasks. It is never our intention to short change anyone of that opportunity. I would encourage anyone that has concerns about not being able to make a deadline, to reach out to league management for assistance. In a situation such as this, there is no question Troy would have been able to keep Poe, he just didn't get a chance to get on to apply the Franchise Tag.

As Doug had said; nobody will be required to remove bids on Poe, but I would certainly hope to see our league gladly look out for one of their own.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Also not sure how I have an offer in for him? :(

6. CHUNKNESS

I'll remove it.

7. CHUNKNESS

Bid removed. It was odd, you had 2 bids in place for Suisham as well. Not sure what that's about. Your team isn't set to auto. You did sign Hekker btw...

8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Ok then lol, CPU must really want me to sign a kicker bad lol. Thanks for removing both bids, Hekker was the only guy I wanted in FA at this point so thanks for getting that done for me too

9. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Thanks guys. My fault. If someone else gets him. No hard feelings here.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I respect what Doug has said and partially agree with his statement so don't get me wrong with what I'm about say. I remember last season Avery also missed the deadline and he was not given the same courtesy that chiefs is receiving. I think that it's only fair to give everyone the same treatment. I would think Averyb would be upset over this and don't think it's fair to him as it was a similar situation. Just my own personal feelings and not meant to be directed at anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

I do agree with Doug that we should give the benefit of the doubt to the Chiefs on this one, thus the Cardinals have removed their bid on Poe....

Now one suggestion, if everyone removes their bid i would ask the league to allow the Chiefs to sign Mr Poe to a one year deal and one year deal only (just like if he was franchise tagged). I think the tag for DT is 10.5M right now. I dont believe we should let the Chiefs sign him without at least suffering some cap damage. If the intentions were to tag him from day one, then the Chiefs should only be allowed to offer him a 1 year deal worth $10.5M. We should not help the Chiefs cap situation because he missed a deadline.

Again this would only take place if everyone else removes their bids.

just my 2 cents....

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  12. redlishus

I guess let it ride. I won't be able to withdraw my bid until after the deadline. Doug out Jim, can you remove it?

13. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Not sure I understand. A deadline was missed by the owner/GM of a team. As Juan stated above, this isn't the first time an owner missed a deadline. So why the sudden change in procedure? Jim brings up an excellent point: communicate. If an owner didn't feel it necessary to bring an issue to the attention of the league, how important could that issue have been to that owner? Especially if it involves one of your star players...

14. CHUNKNESS

Merely a suggestion my friends. Nobody needs to remove their offers. I'm just saying it would be a courtesy to their fellow owner. I, myself, am electing to give Troy the opportunity to keep Poe. No skin off my back, but apparently it is to others. To each is own.

• Like Like x 3
  15. redlishus

Sad as it may sound Doug, this is why I never brought it up...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

I will not be moving my offer placed on Poe for most of the reasons that have already been stated above. I trust Troys decision with how he handled it, and i also trust troy to speak up about anything that was truely unfair or otherwise wrong, and he did not. I respect Dougs decision and in most circumstances i would not hesitate to follow suit, however alls fair in the game of war, and troy and i are semi longer term rivalish compadres from Wisco, and the LA Raiders have been looking for Run defense answers for a while now so when we see Poe sitting in front of us we Have to go after him.

Then again, if the league decides as a league that a small exemption be made for Troy, i would follow suit no issues on my end, thats what the drafts are for.
    If such a decision would be made CHUNKNESS would you be able to give me a ring on my phone and just let me know? i will be at work till 1am at the bar collecting all the playoff tips ;)

17. CHUNKNESS

I know. I appreciate your concern not to bring any drama to the league. That is why I did this gesture and made the rest of the league aware of it.

18. CHUNKNESS

No exceptions will be made for Troy (or anyone else in the future for that matter). I was just making an exception of my own and wanted others to be aware. You do whatever you feel is right.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I still don't understand. What is the difference between what happened to Troy and what happened to Avery, as referenced by Juan in a previous post?

20. redlishus

Chill. The deadline was set early Thursday morning. Unfortunately, I can't get on my ps3 until my son is in bed which was after the deadline. I didn't bring it up because I knew, regardless of the outcome, a select few, would have issues. This is supposed to be a friendly league, yet some act like big money is on the line. If you think I was going to let a 26 year old DT walk your crazy.

As for Avery, I'm not familiar with his situation.

I have a window to withdraw my current bid but I don't see anyone else doing so.

Miki, Doug and Zikry thank you for with drawing your bid but please resubmit as you guys shouldn't have that opportunity taking away from you.

• Like Like x 3
  21. CHUNKNESS

My offer will remain withdrawn. Karim's bid was a CPU bid. Not sure how that got there.

• Like Like x 1
  22. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

If he put his team on auto, the cpu will make offers /sign and even place players on the trade block. That's why I believe if you are gonna be gone for a period of time, you should not place your team on "Auto"

• Like Like x 1
  23. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Yea I'm not familiar with what happened to him either. Stuff happens, man. Especially when you have kids. As understanding as our commishes have shown to be, you should've said something to Jim right away or given him a heads up of what you wanted to do. I'm sure he would've handled it fairly...

24. CHUNKNESS

Karim isn't on auto. We have been managing his team for him for that reason. That's the confusing part.

• Like Like x 1
  25. redlishus

I don't like complaining.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.