Free Agent Rules

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by NYJuggalo45, Sep 14, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Feb 10, 2009
    Free Agent Rules

Since there has been some confusion about the rules regarding signing Free Agents, I am posting this to answer everyone's questions and to get the definitive rules in place.

#1 - You can sign 1 free agent per week, but only AFTER your game for the week is completed and before we advance. So that means, no one should be signing a player right before playing their opponent and putting him in the lineup. We are advancing today. You have up to the advance to sign 1 free agent, if you want to. Once we advance, your team is then locked until after your game is played. You then have up until we advance to the next week to sign 1 free agent, if you want to. It is hard to police these rules, so everyone please be honest about this and if anyone sees something fishy, let me and Ryno know.

#2 - You cannot sign players involved in trades. The only way to get a trade to work is to release the players and the other team sign them. I know there was a mistake this week with Jerseymadden signing a player I acquired in a trade. It was an honest mistake, but everyone, please be careful when signing FAs. If all of a sudden an 80ovr player is a FA, odds are he was part of a trade so check the boards first.