Free Agent System

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Jul 29, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Free Agent System

Ok guys, I want gauge the thoughts on this years FA system. Last season we used a tag system/FA draft to handle player movement. It was the easiest for me as commish to run and keep track of. No need to create a bunch of spreadsheets and whatnot. I'd like to keep that similar system but with a few changes like a temporary 1 season only tag for a fringe player that you don't want to keep long term but still want one more season out of them.

I'm just trying to have a system that isn't complicated that will allow for the the league to run smootly. I want to open things up to suggestions. Also if you have a better system please feel free to voice your opinions. Thanks.

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm cool with that. One suggestion I would make though is instead of designating the "FA/Tag Year" by age like last year is to designate it by years pro. Like 4, 7, 10, 12 years pro.

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I liked last years system pretty well. Its not the NFL truest system ever. But it accomplishes the goals it should. Namely making commish life easy, giving all teams a shot at FAs, keeps the rich from getting too rich.

We only got to year 2 last version so I dont know how much if at all that system might handcuff a team depending on players age and running out of tags.

I'm open to anything majority agrees to thats easy for HR. Maybe someday frekaing EA will actually readd the contract logic they had in their games 5 years ago.

4. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

EA is such a fucking joke.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm willing to go with anything, I'm planning on keeping my Eagles in tact for awhile anyway.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Last years season was pretty simple and enjoyable, well except for the rookie draft haha.

[​IMG]

**for your sig, Jerzey

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

IM just here for the ride....So im down for whatever

8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Whats wrong with the spreadsheets? I was apart of multiple leagues last year that used them and I thought it was great.