Free Agents OPEN NOW - READ FOR RULES

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Apr 28, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Free Agents OPEN NOW - READ FOR RULES

Let me please point out our new system for this year:
    So let me walk you through this:
    1. Free agentcy is opened.

2. You see a player.

3. You check to make sure that player was not involved in a trade (YES, it is your responsibility to make sure you don't place a bid on a player who is not a free agent)

4. If the player is a free agent you go to the free agent board

5. If there is NO thread opened on the board, then you must start one.

5B. The title must list POSITION FIRST, then PLAYERS NAME, then RATING.
    In the body you must list your team name and what tag you are placing on that player.
    EX: WR - Jim Bo (99ov) - body would say: Saints place tag 1 of 5 on this player.

5C. If there IS A THREAD on the player, and that thread is still OPEN (all thread close after 24 hours of initial tag is placed) then you may place your tag on that player by replying to the body with your team name and what tag you are placing on the player.

6. After placing your tag on the player you then must send an email to the following email account: omflfreeagents@yahoo.com

The email must state the following EXACTLY:
    TITLE - TEAM NAME, POSITION, PLAYERS NAME, RATING
    BODY - TEAM NAME, POSITION, PLAYERS NAME, RATING, BID IN POINTS

EX:
    TITLE - New Orleans Saints, WR, Jim Bo, 99 ov
    BODY - New Orleans Saints, WR, Jim Bo, 99 ov, 35 pts

IF IT IS NOT DONE AS SPECIFIED THEN I WILL DELETE AND YOU WILL NOT KNOW! Theres too much going on for me to play around with this.

7. After sending your bid you are then done and must wait 24 hours from the time the thread was opened on the player.

8. If more than 3 teams placed a tag on the player, then the bid will be updated by a board member with the top 3 teams (in no order) who are still in the bidding. Team then have 24 hours from that post to place a 2nd bid IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. If teams decide to stay pat, they may.
    24 hours after that post by a board member the winning bid will be announced and the player can be signed and cap books updated.

9. If 3 or less teams place a bid on a player, then the 2nd 24 hour period will be skipped and the top bid will be the winner.

10. After you have won or not won the player, you will receive your tag back and may place that on another player the moment the bidding is over or you are out of the bidding.

11. YOU MAY NOT RETRACT ANY BIDS. Once a bid is sent, it is final.

Any questions? Hit me up.

2. natedawg212000

I just had someone ask a good question, can you send one email with all bids?
    Answer to that is NO. PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT TO ME. one email per bid.

3. natedawg212000

I just had someone ask a good question, can you send one email with all bids?
    Answer to that is NO. PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT TO ME. one email per bid.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Alright boys Free agency is now a go! All teams should be verified. If you are not PM Emmdotfrisk!

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Question involving 4 or more teams in the running for players: when the 24 hour period is up, will the forums be notified of who is in the top 3?

The reason I ask is that if I am bidding with 4 other owners and I am not in the top 3, will I be notified that my claim is now available to use again or will I have to wait until the bidding is completely done before I get my claim tag back?

Just curious.

6. natedawg212000

Yes you will know

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I figured as much but wanted to ask for clarification just in case.