Fresh Start

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Jan 19, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

@GoGators
    @MaslerBoros16
    @Big Suge Knight
    @dakota7
    @AJ Hart MN
    @gowazzucougs
    @Pagamer07
    @blLL flo
    @recchem2000
    @Gyrene76

Everyone PLEASE read and comment!

Alright everyone now that I am the new commish and we have multiple spots to fill it's time for a fresh start to the dynasty.

First of all, as Gators and Dakota addressed last night, I want to make sure that everyone here is 100% committed to this dynasty. As a premier league this should be your #1 priority on the site and you are expected to contribute to the dynasty not just sit back and play your games. It isn't enjoyable if there are only a couple people posting content while others sit back and do the bare minimum. While we are looking for new players we need to make sure that they are going to stick around for the long haul. I want to stay away from newer players and hopefully find 3 guys that are not in premier leagues but have established themselves in their non-premier dynasties.

This leads me to my second point: the pace of the league. I am not going to be installing hard 48hr advances or anything like that, but things do need to pick up around here because interest is obviously waning. It shouldn't be too difficult to get CPU games played within a couple days with the occasional exception. Dakota put it perfectly last night when he said that if he sees you playing NBA 2k11 and your Experience game hasn't been played yet while we are all waiting on you he's going to be mad, and so will I. I understand that we all have busy lives and things come up, but if other members can find time so can you. Suge is right in that this league was founding as the Old Fellas Football League, meant for those with busy work schedules. I don't want to stray too far from the original idea, but things don't need to be moving as slow as they have been. There is fine balance between the pace of the league and interest in the league and right now I think things are weighted to far towards the pace and there isn't a lot of interest. So I believe if we can pick things up a bit interest will increase, and then content will increase which will lead to a more enjoyable dynasty.

My third point: Sliders

As you have all seen by now, probably, we have decided to go with a new slider set. I'm going to put the Redshirts slider set in tonight before the advance. I don't want to change anything until the end of the season after this unless its absolutely necessary, which it shouldn't be because this set works for another two leagues.

Lastly, is anyone in here talented in video editing? I have a little project in mind.

Alright rip me apart if you must, but that's what I have in mind for the dynasty.

Don't forget to get me suggestions for replacement players.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Just to be clear, I haven't seen any of our current members playing NBA 2k11 while your E league game isn't played.

As far as priorities, this is my top league. I understand if the guys who are in multiple premier leagues have to split their time, but the E shouldn't always be second. Just my opinion.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

The NBA thing was just an example, just dont want members holding up other players for no reason.

And I agree with your second point, this league should rarely take a backseat to another one.

4. dakota7

Sounds good to me.

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Im on board, although the league I run will always be first. This one is a very close second though :)

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

One more thing, I would also like to get the offseason night going again. With Hova leaving this might be a lot easier to schedule, although I know Masler and a couple other guys work some crazy hours too. Either way I think an offseason night makes the dynasty a lot more fun and interactive and if possible we should try to organize that again.

7. dakota7

There are plenty of guys who would fill-in for you if necessary. I've done that in the past and its always worked out fine.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I agree that we shouldn't adopt a strict 48 hour advance, but we need to pick up the pace. What I would ask is that people get the CPU games done within 48 hours. Additionally, I like the idea of doing the offseason on one night. When we have to break it up in parts it really drags the momentum down. What I have noticed in T1, they seemed to have designated Sunday Night, maybe that is the way it happens, as the night to do off season, and realistically that makes sense. We all should be home on that night, and if one of us is unavailable a sub should be easily found.

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

In T1 we don't set it for sunday nights, it just happens like that. We are actually doing one tonight. Either way if those guys can do it we can definitely do it.

10. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I also wanted to touch on something that Gators posted yesterday, that I didn't have time to address, and that is the identity of this league. This is a league that has been plagued with constant turnover. We have to ask ourselves why are these people leaving, now some leave because of extenuating circumstances, like Dre, while others like Diesel and Shaun leave because of time constraints/other commitments in TSO. Then there are others like Jello, who left because the sliders made the game not fun for him. When we pick these new members we must make it clear to them we expect these people to make this dynasty a number 1 priority. This will not be a side dynasty, that if they don't have the time give it the full commitment by playing the games, and putting in content don't apply.

Lastly, at times I don't necessarily feel I have contributed as much as I should. Partly it is because I was getting my ass kicked every game, and thus I don't want to tell everyone how shitty my team is. I mean for the Virginia Tech game, I wanted just to write, I got my ass kicked, VT's running backs ran over and through my defense. That is not much of a write up, but that is truly how I felt.

I am trying to contribute more with the podcast, and I will hopefully do one tonight or tomorrow.

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I think I hit your first point in my above post and in the post yesterday. I don't want anyone in here as a side league and not contributing.

And I think you have done plenty, especially relative to a lot of the members, with your podcasts. I enjoy listening to those.

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Are you talking about me?

13. dakota7

No

14. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I am 100% in!!

I just now dropped my Florida Gator team in the Hurt Locker. Just a couple of things to show how committed I am. This Gator team I had is on a 33 game winning streak and has won the past 2 National Titles. It is quite honestly the best team I have ever seen in any dynasty I have ever been a part of. It really pains me to leave that league as I have been a part of it since day 1 but I can only handle so many leagues.

I'm also going to take a more important role in our FIFA league here at TF but I can now confidently handle that responsibility. I'm a content guy and that is the responsibility i'm tackling down at the TFL.

Seeing that I'm a content guy, I would really like to do something here other than just posting recruits and doing game summary's. I've been doing recruiting boards and weekly recruiting updates in Hurt Locker and in the Redshirts. I would be very happy if allowed to do that here also. Recruiting has always been my favorite part of this game and doing stuff like that really is more fun than anything to me. I know someone here has taken care of the recruiting stuff before and I don't want to step on anyone's toes so if someone like's that kind of stuff, I'd be more than happy to do something else. Just push me in a direction and I'll run with it.

As far as sliders go, I've always been one to like it harder rather than easier. I'm cool if we try Bill's but I just want us to stick with 1 set. If we have anymore issue's, let's address it at the end of the season.

Like most others here, I have a full time job with a wife and 2 kids so I don't mind it being a bit slower. I just ask if we could pick up the pace a tad. I never understood why it could take 4 days to schedule games. 2 or 3 days should be the max.

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm glad your in with us bud.

Go ahead and do that recruiting stuff, I was going to do something along those lines but I have no problem passing it along to you. I have another project I want to work on anyway. Recruiting is the best part of the game in my opinion too so I'm glad someone is going to keep it together for us and open for discussion. Thanks for doing that.

Once I use Bill's sliders we will keep them until the end of the season. I don't want to make minor adjustments here and there and throw everything out of whack.

16. AJ Hart MN

I'll go ahead and get it up on friday afternoon. I get off early on friday's and that is also the quietest time around my house. I'll have to go back and enter everything from week 1 but it shouldn't take me all that long. Once I get it updated, it really doesn't take all that much time every week.

I actually enjoy doing the recruiting update more. Here's what I plan on doing:

1- We will have a recruit of the week (the guy I think will have the biggest impact on our league)
    2- Sleeper recruit (May be a lower rated 4* kid or a 3* guy but has some good skills)
    3- Overrated recruit (The 5* kid or highly rated 4* kid that sometimes doesn't have the great attributes that you would assume a kid of that ranking would have)

17. dakota7

Are you looking at doing guys as they sign?

We should highlight user battles on players too............I can look at putting together the top 25 recruits if you want, kind of supplemental to your features.

18. AJ Hart MN

yeah, I update as they sign every week. I'd put a link in here if I knew how but you can take a look at what I do down in both the Redshirts and the Hurt Locker.

19. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I love the way you do this in the redshirts AJ, and its very well done.

JC, I realize you want everyone making this league a priority, but I am hoping it is not a problem that I am here and will be unable to make this league my priority. It will obviously be 2nd, but the one I run I put a lot. I mean a lot of work into it, and I love it and don't want things to suffer there. If it's a problem let me know, and Ill bow out.

As you can tell though, I still have time to do game of the week, and whatever else pops into my head sort of stuff.

20. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Nah I'm not worried about you. Your one of the more active guys in the league already. As long as you don't hold us up or slack off on content I have no problem with your situation.

21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I am in with no plans on going anywhere.

22. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm in too. I'm really liking the direction of the league and the pace we want to have works well for me.

In full disclosure though I am an accountant and we've started busy season right now so I'm working 12-14 hours a day and that doesn't leave much time for other things. I'll communicate with you guys about getting my games in and if something needs to be simmed I'll let you guys know. Outside of that, if my participation is a bit off over the next month or two this is why. Currently my boss sits behind me and can see my cpu screen so popping in during the day is tough right now. I'm hoping to switch it up and grab a different desk next week that'll give me some more freedom on the cpu during the day. Fingers crossed.

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

It's all good. I know you well enough to trust that you wouldn't be slacking off without a reason.

24. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Definitely will be a priority man. I'd actually followed this when I was first researching up when first offered the spot. I've actually followed you guys for a while.