Fresh way to play NCAA

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by themidnightrider13, Dec 20, 2010.

1. themidnightrider13

themidnightrider13 Walk On

I enjoy my OD's but get bored easily with offline od's. I like to build 1* teams from scratch and build them into powerhouses but then I get bored once I'm there. So here's a fresh way to play for you guys that I got after playing road to glory. Start with a 1 star team, teambuilder or actual.
    Here's what you do,
    1 play on Hiesman
    2 recruit on varsity
    3 only control the offense
    4 sim super special teams and defense
    5 you are not allowed to recruit any defensive players at all or kickers
    6. you have to call what ever play the cpu gives you. This will force you to use your entire playbook, not just your bread and butter plays. This will also help you in the long run as you learn the nuances of all the routes. (very important you follow this rule for a truly challenging dynasty)

Why is this fun, well I find it very difficult for starters. You WILL struggle for wins. Playing defense against the cpu is pointless anyways. Nothing you do matters. It's all a dice roll. If the cpu wants to score...they will. So don't play D. Let the cpu rape the cpu. So it's up to you on offense to outscore the other team. With recruiting on varsity you should soon find yourself with plenty of weapons to score with and you will need them because your defense is gonna get raped. But at least you won't have to experience the frustraion by super simming it. This also makes the seasons fly by. I play on 5 minutes, but depending on the user you may have to add a minute or two to balance out the stats so you are not way behind or blowing way the other league leaders. This is basically road to glory, but you get to recruit and you dont have to do all the other boring nonsensical crap between games. Give it a try and let me know what you guys think. I'm in year 5 of my od. I took my teambuiler team from 1* to 5 in the sec, but have yet to win a natty. It always comes down to a 1 possesion game it seams for me...every game.

2. themidnightrider13

you can also use your favorite big school and follow the rules aove. You will have alot an easier start up and it will give you time to stock up on your offense before all your defense graduates. I'm doing this now with the U because I lost my team builder dynasty in 2017, today when i accidently shut of the xbox while it was saving and currupted the file :( . My first game was awesome. 6 min q's 62-45. the U over ohio state.

3. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Wow, that's an intense way to play. Never thought of doing that before.

4. themidnightrider13

it's fun bro, Your offense will be stacked to the gills...but the pressure to score on every possesion will be tense, cause your r gonna give up a ton of points. Just a fun way to play the game and learn alot of pass routes and timing that they take w/o the boring frustration of having to play defense against the cpu's robo qb.