Freshman Orientation Inagural team draft

Discussion in 'Freshmen Orientation' started by GDip, Jul 2, 2013.

1. GDip

GDip Walk On

In another league I saw them do this so I've got the draft order in the following video:

Ok so in the video I said that we would have a time limit for picks. I WILL NOT DO THAT. We have enough time that I think this will be done in the next day or two. Just make sure you don't take too long.

If you're going to be out of town or away from the CPU for too long, leave a list of your top 3 or 4 teams and we'll make sure you get the top team available on your list.

I am going to envoke my comish powers and prohibit Boise St. from being a user team. If my scouting was correct they are the only 5 star + team in either conference so it's best if none of us use them. Quite frankly if you would want to use them in this conference set up you're probably in the wrong league!
    All other teams are fair game.

On to the fun stuff, the draft!

Draft order:
    1. Rrahx2
    2. nellycuz
    3. SFRanger6969
    4. GDip
    5. dase or days
    6. brewbomber
    7. smashmouthfb33
    8. aspect1
    9. anthrax78
    10. Jonathan applegate
    11. jay2149
    12. htmhrd72

nellycuz
    GDip
    RRAHx2
    Anthrax78
    Jonathan Applegate
    jay2149
    SFRANGER6969
    Hitmhrd72
    BrewBomber
    Aspect1
    Dase or Days
    SmashMouthFB33

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GDip

GDip Walk On

Forgot to mention, each conference is only allowed 6 users. Once a conference has 6 users it will be closed.
    Also, the MWC has 2 divisions so we will only allow 3 users in each division.

Here are the teams in each conference.

AAC:
    Cincinnati - nellycuz
    Connecticut
    Houston
    Louisville - SFRANGER6969
    Memphis
    Rutgers - BrewBomber
    South Florida - Dase or Days
    Southern Methodist - Jonathan Applegate
    Temple
    UCF - Aspect1

Mountain West:
    WEST
    Fresno St. - GDip
    Hawaii - Anthrax78
    Nevada
    San Diego St.
    San Jose St. - SmashMouthFB33
    UNLV

MOUNTAIN:
    Air Force - RRAHx2
    Boise St. (X)
    Colorado St. - jay2149
    New Mexico
    Utah St.
    Wyoming - Hitmhrd72

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  3. GDip

GDip Walk On

4. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

That was a cool way to do the order. .I might have to use that! Nice order btw.. :happy:

5. GDip

GDip Walk On

so that leaves RRAHx2 on the clock

6. RRAHx2

I will take the lowest-rated team, which apparently is Air Force. Boom

[​IMG]

nellycuz you are up.

7. GDip

GDip Walk On

oh man, was considering them on my short list.

8. RRAHx2

yeah should be fun running the option offense.. it was either them, Memphis, or Utah State

9. GDip

GDip Walk On

the air force academy is about an hour from where i live.

That option has been tricky for me in past years. I've played with AF a handful of times. It's not spread option, more of a triple option. But should be fun to see them built up

10. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Booooooo! Last!

11. GDip

GDip Walk On

someone has to bring up the rear. don't fret too much about it. all these teams are pretty equal. doubt you'll get shafted. hell look at rrah, he took one of the worst teams out there.

12. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Not really. Air Force can be deadly if used correctly. I would be shocked if someone took the team I am looking at getting.

13. GDip

GDip Walk On

i think the biggest bitch about drafting last is you'll have to choose a team in a certain division. by then 2 of 3 options will be closed

14. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

15. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

WELL DAMN

16. RRAHx2

haha apparently air force was a popular pick. Sorry guys I was going for the lowest team thinking nobody would want them..

17. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I gotta go with my hometown, almost a no brainer....I'll take the Bearcats of the nasty 'Nati - go UC

SFRANGER6969 you're up

• Like Like x 1
  18. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

I will take Teddy Bridgewater and The Louisville Cardinals

GDip you are up

19. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Nice pick there.

20. GDip

GDip Walk On

man, once i did some scouting I noticed there's a lot of good teams to choose from. I was sure I was going to take Colorado St. as it's the closest school to me and went there often during my college days. But after looking at it I'll go with Fresno St.

Really liked some of the schools in the AAC but when it came down to it I want the opportunity to play in a conference championship game and the MWC gives me that.

Dase or Days you're up

21. RRAHx2

Air Force vs Fresno St. !!

22. GDip

GDip Walk On

if i woulda gone with CSU that would have been a rivalry game with recruiting battles in the state of CO

• Like Like x 1
  23. GDip

GDip Walk On

RRAHx2 but i didn't want to beat you on AND off the field, literally. :D

24. RRAHx2

oh snap.. somebody save this message!

25. Dase or Days

Dase or Days Walk On

This program has only had a football program since 1997. A school that has only been in the FBS ranks since 2001. In 11 years they have already been to six bowl games(4-2). Most schools would be very excited about that type of success. With that being said, this is a program that has always seemed to be expected to achieve more. Yet, they have not ever been able to reach those goals set by experts across the nation. After two straight years of below .500 records and only winning three games last year. This program decided it was time for change.

The search committee decided to head out west for it's next coach. They wanted the next coach to be somebody that would want to establish the run, be a physical team(dominate the line of scrimmage both sides) & while also able to have the team play smart. They went and pluck this coach from the Jim Harbaugh coaching tree. This guy has not only learned under Jim Harbaugh but David Shaw(Stanford), former coach of WKU(Will Taggart) & now new head coach of San Jose State(Ron Caragher). You can't argue with the list of coaches above and the success they have had at the college level.

It is with great excitement to announce David Reynolds as the next head coach for the University of South Florida Bulls! We feel like, he is the perfect coach to get our program back to bowling, double digit wins, conference championships & making this program a main stay among the top programs across the college football landscape!

On a side note(not part of press conference), From the moment that we had to vote for our first conference. I knew that if the American Athletic Conference(AAC) was selected. I was going to make USF my number one choice. Now I don't know if, I would have pick them over N.C. State had the Atlantic Coast Conference(ACC) been the 2nd conference of options. I try and take as much of a realistic approach to my dynasty teams as can be. Like the choosing of USF was an easy one for me. In real life they have a new head coach, he wants to run the football, play good(tough) defense and win the turnover battle. The teams freshman in 2013 will fit into what my plans for the future of this football program. I know it sounds weird but I have done it this way for a long time.

• Like Like x 3