Freshman Report 2013

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Nov 11, 2009.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Freshman Report 2013

anyone got any freshman making an impact this season?

2. JrRawlins

My current freshman class has been redshirted except for TE Chris Thomas....
    the guys listed below are my redshirt freshman who should contribute....
    Position PS# Name Caliber Ht Wt 40 Currnet Status
    CB 65 Stephen Simpson :3stars: 5'11'' 178 4.34 Nickel back who has been returning kicks should be a starter next season
    HB 8 Jason Duckett :4stars: 6'1'' 200 4.38 Will get more carries as the season progresses showing real ability to make big plays on the ground.
    CB 17 Chris Brown :4stars: 5'11 188 4.38 Starting at RCB and doing well so far.. very good in run support
    SS 9 David Washington :4stars: 6'0 205 4.44 Seamless transition to starting Strong Safety role, could possibly be a 4 year starter....
    TE #11 Chris Thomas :4stars: 6'1 233 4.58 Thomas's speed and passing catching ability as the #2 tight end makes the Wahoo offense that much stronger...

3. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Ray Rowe RSFR gets about 35% of the carries. He is averaging close to 6.0 YPC in a backup role, as Paris Pierce is having a breakout year averaging near 8.0YPC.

Drew Patrick OLB took over the starting ROLB position this week before the Mizzou game. Williams just wasn't getting the job done in the previous three games. After Williams went down in the Tech game, Patrick stood out, and looked good against Mizzou.

There are a couple of other kids that will get minimal playing time, but they will only be in 3 TE sets, and when the backups get in.

4. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

my starting quarterback is a redshirt freshman. he has a cannon and is extremely accurate. i'd have to say so far i like him way better than McCoy.

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im getting a monster contribution from Sam Jones a RS Freshman, at SS that is a 88 OVR and is 6'5" 210 lbs, and though not fast, he has great feel for the SS spot. He is great in coverage due to his size, and can hit like a truck in run support.

Offensively, Joe McCoy is my 3rd string RB, and though he is only a RS freshman, he is showing signs of being ready to be the lead dog next year if McClain doesn't step up. He has good size, 6'0" 205, and good speed, 95 rating. He plays fast as well.

Most of my starters are Juniors and sophmores, with Presley, Carroll, Fuia, and Sermons (CB) being my only senior starters.

6. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Ray Rowe's carries have dipped in the last couple of weeks as Paris Pierce as ran away with the starting job in Lincoln.

Drew Patrick has taken over the ROLB starting position, and looks like he will be a keeper.

McQueen, DE is quietly putting together a great season. He leads the Huskers with sacks, 7. He is also near the top of the list in TFL. He is making a case to be an AA as a Freshamn.

7. JrRawlins

FRESHMAN UPDATE​
    CB 65 Stephen Simpson :3stars: 5'11'' 178 4.34 He got demoted for a few games to dime back after gettin torched by Va Tech, but he regained his role as the nickel corner heading into the Happy Valley...
    HB 8 Jason Duckett :4stars: 6'1'' 200 4.38 Has been downright dominate the last two games, and if he cures the fumbling issue could become a central part of the Wahoo offense moving forward....
    CB 17 Chris Brown :4stars: 5'11 188 4.38 Brown has been excellent, very strong in coverage and run support....
    SS 9 David Washington :4stars: 6'0 205 4.44 Washington was second in tackles on the team heading into the Clemson game...
    TE #11 Chris Thomas :4stars: 6'1 233 4.58 Thomas torched the Crimson Tide for 100 yards and 2 scores, then came back and gave the Tigers 60 yards and a score, he is just scratching the surface of his abilities..

All of these guys are really contributing for us this season.... especially Brown and Washington alot is being asked of them, but they are really contributing..

8. JrRawlins

CB 65 Stephen Simpson :3stars: 5'11'' 178 4.34 Nickel back who has been returning kicks should be a starter next season
    HB 8 Jason Duckett :4stars: 6'1'' 200 4.38 Will get more carries as the season progresses showing real ability to make big plays on the ground.
    CB 17 Chris Brown :4stars: 5'11 188 4.38 Starting at RCB and doing well so far.. very good in run support
    SS 9 David Washington :4stars: 6'0 205 4.44 Seamless transition to starting Strong Safety role, could possibly be a 4 year starter....
    TE #11 Chris Thomas :4stars: 6'1 233 4.58 Thomas's speed and passing catching ability as the #2 tight end makes the Wahoo offense that much stronger...

ill post their final stats later tonite during the offseason chat and such.... because my recruiting is just about done.... real solid season for Washington and Duckett got pretty close to 1000 yards..

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Duckett... ugh... such a beast! Good luck to anyone trying to tackle him with one guy. You better hope your team knows how to gang tackle.

10. JrRawlins

as the season wore on, Duckett got better and better... i sat him after he fumbled twice in his first three carries against Florida which was the game after the Va Tech game.... Grant came in and ran for 100 yards against the Gators but got hurt the next week Duckett has been running wild every since that game...