Freshman Sparkplugs Season 7

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Mar 27, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Feb 21, 2009
    A look at some outstanding Freshman at this point in the season:

DE Jared Hodge: 81 Overall, 6 Tackles, 4 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 FF
    Hodge has been a force for Alabama in the opponents backfield through two games this season.
    FS (RS) Maurice Walker 84 Ovr 6 Tackles
    Walker doesn't have eye-popping stats right now, but the 84 ovr rated freshman is a significant presence in the Seminal back field. Look for him to light up the stat sheet as the season progresses.
    SS(RS) Jason Davis 81 Ovr 4 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT
    Davis, in combination with Walker, form a extremely athletic duo in the FSU secondary.
    HB(RS) Kevin Smith 76 Ovr 18 Carries 102 Yards 1 TD
    Smith has surprised people and played ahead of some higher rated and more experienced players on this Wolverines squad. So far the results have helped UofM to a 2-0 start.
    TE Nick Smith 74 Ovr 6 Catches 123 Yards 1 TD
    Smith has been the beneficiary of a powerful Spartan offense and made the most of the few opportunities he gets with all the talent around him.
    DE Nate Johnson 86 Overall 5 Tackles 4 TFL 2 Sacks
    At 86 overall in his first year, Johnson has already shown why he was one of the top recruits in the nation last year.
    DE Matthew Stewart 71 Ovr 2 Tackles 1TFL 1 Sack
    Stewart has had to learn fast on a depleted Cavalier roster, but coaches are pleased with his production thus far and things can only go up from here.
    NOTE: I did this from the wire so if I missed someone you think should be included please feel free to shoot me a PM.