Freshmen Frenzy

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Baron, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Hey all, in order to get this going, I'm going to need you guys to point me in the direction of your freshmen that'll be the ones to follow. Looking for starters obviously with decent overall ratings and/or in key spots.

For FIU, #1 QB recruit Tyrell Davidson will be starting from day one.

ChuckDzzNutz
    papaloke
    Hokie Effect
    GatorJes
    Wyrmreaver
    SLOPDAWG88
    Selvy9
    SimplyxNicex218

2. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

UAB

WR Phil Downing
    6'4" 177 lbs
    76 OVR, 92 spd, 91 acc, 81 route running, 94 jumping

Downing.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

[​IMG]

HB Chris Martindale - a five star recruit a year ago who took a redshirt, chris looks to be the #2 back in Honolulu this year, which in the flex means he'll get plenty of touches. Chris is an 83 OVR with 89/90 speed/accel who rates out as a power back.

WR Bill Flynn - A top flight WR prospect, Flynn will be #4 on the WR depth chart as a 79 OVR which will mean few catches barring injury to the top three. However, Flynn will also be the teams #1 return man with his 94 speed and 92 acceleration. His big play potential is likely to make an immediate impact.

OLB Ryan Holmes - Has great size at 6-6, 228 to go along with 80 spd, 93 accel, 86 pursuit and 86 block shed. At 80 OVR, Holmes will be a day one starter and is likely to have a solid year blowing up MWC backfields.

4. Baron

Through 3 weeks of play here are your top freshmen:

QB: Tyrell Davidson (FIU) - Davidson stormed out of high school diapers into the hearts of every woman in Miami with his 306 yard, 3 TD game against BYU.

WR: Phil Downing (UAB)) - Size, speed, and great hands have Phil Downing averaging 27 yards over three catchesHe also has a score to cement himself as UAB's deep threat.

D: Ryan Holmes (Hawai'i) - Holmes may not have many tackles (1) but he's been a presence in the backfield with a sack and a TFL early on in the season.

(Still need freshmen from:
    ChuckDzzNutz
    Hokie Effect
    GatorJes
    SLOPDAWG88
    Selvy9
    SimplyxNicex218 )

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I really don't expect to have any True Freshman contribute this season . . . I have one True Frosh starting at WR, Joel Novak, who has a catch for 11 yards.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Washington

true Fr WR Talib Archie 76ovr

7. Wyrmreaver

Frosh WR Bill Flynn had a monster game vs Air Force, then went down with a 3 week injury.....

8. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Are redshirts in consideration?

9. Wyrmreaver

Yes

10. Wyrmreaver

ChuckDzzNutz it looks like you have the one WR, a CB, a FS, and a DE who will be on the field who are either FR or FR(RS)

11. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Cool, could you list them for me (and their stats)? ;)

12. Wyrmreaver

u r lazy...... :rolleyes:

Stats are only updated through week 4,

WR Joel Novak - your highest OVR WR, has 58 yards and no TDs
    CB Tyler Richard - Your #2 CB, has 5 tackles and 1 FF
    FS Perry Jackson - Starter, has 11 tackles
    DE Lewis Thomas - Starter, has 5 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 FR

13. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

It's true . . . It's damn true :p

14. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Nice pic papaloke. It sure would be nice to see this Davidson guy that somebody keeps talking about in action.

15. Baron

Very few decent action shots of Davidson, seeing as the defense has trouble getting near him. :p

16. Wyrmreaver

Hawaii Freshman WR Bill Flynn

[​IMG]

17. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Andy Walton has his first breakout game at the college level as he explodes for 150 yards and a touchdown on only 11 carries! Walton is filling in quite well as a secondary back but if he can continue to put up performances like this than we could see his carries increase...

"ESPN is constantly mentioning this Tyrell Davidson kid out of FIU and I figured it was time to show the nation that he isn't the only Freshman putting up big numbers this season. I'll give Davidson all the credit in the world for his successful season so far but I'm not going to hide in the shadows. This want be the first time you see me in the highlights." - Andy Walton

[​IMG]

18. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

So I have to ask how you do that with keeping just your guy in color and the rest black and white? or I guess more faded film look or whatever.

19. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Haha. It's just simple graphic design. I just cloned the picture and converted one to sepia tone and leaving the other one in color. Then, you just erase the player in the sepia tone version and the color version comes through.

20. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

So you have to zoom in and basically cut out the parts you want in color? I'm an editor, and I know how to get it done so that like you can turn a video (or photo) black and white or sepia or whatever but just leave one color out (so like a woman's bright red lip stick is still red, but her face is black and white) I just haven't figured out how to get an entire object in full color and the rest not, was hoping there was an easier way than trying to draw around the object, lol.

21. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Yea, I zoom in to about 400% so it's not too challenging. I use a very soft edge on my eraser so it makes cutting pretty easy. Just make sure your grayscale layer stays on top so that way when your cutting, you can see your color pop through. You can also do tons of other enhancements. Doesn't take long at all. Just knocked this out in less than 5 minutes for ya.

Original Image
    [​IMG]

Edited Image
    [​IMG]

22. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I miss my Mac with epic photoshop now.

23. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Yea, I wish I had a MAC. I use Fireworks though.

24. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Also here are my top freshman:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  25. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Andy Walton adds another 2 touchdowns to his season totals along with 84 yards rushing after rushing a total of 13 times against the Aztecs of San Diego State. Bad news came for the Huskies but it's news that will prosper the Freshman sensation as Ty Cobbs is scheduled to be out for up to 8 weeks. Cobbs who had a total of 596 yards on the season will be missed but now will be Walton's time to shine as he will step into a full time role.

Walton has accumulated 273 yards on the ground this season with just 32 attempts. He is averaging 8.5 yards per carry and has reached the endzone 3 times.

[​IMG]