Archived Friendly Reminders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Oct 2, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Only True Freshmen May Be Redshirted, No Exceptions. This prevents teams from stacking positions and pushes them to actually playing some frosh in some spots.

Only teams over 70 players may cut players. In fact, to prevent someone sneaking a cut in or two, we'll just skip that part. The AI is smart enough to cut the lowest overall players anyway.

Change positions accordingly. For example, if you need a CB and your 3rd string FS is better than the rest of the field, change his position in the offseason. This is to promote ownership in your team and to prevent guys from doing video game type moves and trying to keep it sim.

2. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I agree with what your doin first thing.

My two cents

First rule- The rule itself actually will have most guys playing freshmen less. If u can only red shirt fresh then if guys are not impact or in the 2 deep they will be redshirted by the user. The only time u will be forced to play freshmen is if you go to a new team with bad cpu management and has no returning pieces in proper roster spots. it could discourage some guys from taking a job where the roster has a lot of srs and jrs or bad management even though they might have been able to fix it with a redshirt or two. im saying i think the first year at a new school u should be able to redshirt anyone you need to to fix the roster. after that rule goes into affect.
    the last point on rule one. If he doesn't play he is redshirted anyway by the cpu. Are you saying guys have to play the 4th string jr Qb so he doesn't redshirt.

rule two- nah Bruh. cant agree on how you enforce it. If someone cuts more then 70 hold them accountable, you will see the roster. The cpu doesnt value the positions i value. i might want to keep that great cover cb with the low overall. his overall rating wont affect him playing good coverage as the dime back in a few years. i might have a lot of upper class og and want to keep them fresh og to be ready to contribute even though they are rated lower than anyone else on my roster. It should be my decision to carry more CB or OG or WR regardless of what their overalls are.

The number one thing i cant stand is when guys take that safety and pt him at DE. The ratings at safety makes a DE elite if he is moved there. Really fast, high block shed. Cant be blocked, reads play instantly with high play rec. Use to have rules that a DLine cant have over 70 in a coverage rating. Most of the other positions have been nerfed to the point that i change wont really help you. WR at QB is no big deal and dont work that well, DBs at lb are not as affective vs the run as they use to be. DB at DLine is really the only position that matters.

The TE is a glitch already. Lots of TE money plays and TE line up as wideouts in a lot of formations already. A wr at Te is still cheese but most of the abusers already know a good TE can already win the matchups anyway.

What i do in Position change-
    Change OG and DE sides so they are even and balnaced in class. if i have 4 RE and one LE i move a guy over. I also move projected starters to backup spots. If it looks like the 3rd string Soph RE will start next year at LE i move him to the 2nd LE and move the 2nd RE to 2nd LE. I do this with OG, DE, OT to get them on the field before they actual start the next season.

More like 50 cents but thats what i think.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You just reminded me that I forgot to finish our league rules. We have a roster rule in place for things like that. I'll add it now.

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

The only thing to add to this is i have had the CPU cut players and have me below 70 and it was not a case of adding walkons.
    Now in those occasions i had to cut players twice since when i logged out and came back into the dynasty the cuts didnt hold. But i have seen the CPU cut players that didnt need to be cut.

I would say the commish check the numbers b4 he advances so you know whats up before the CPU gets involved.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Good plan.