Friends, Family, and Co-workers

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by Ace847, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I'm guessing there are people in this league who actually know each-other outside of the virtual world of the online gridiron. For instance, whoozy11 and I used to work together and have remained close friends over the years and keep in touch outside of scheduling games here on madden. I was interested to know who else in this league know each-other outside of madden. I think that having these kinds of connections makes the league more entertaining. So let us know who you know!

I have also gotten to know the guys in this league on the threads and playing our games which is also a plus. Especially those guys who have been with us from the beginning, thanks for sticking with it and making this league a lot of fun as well as competitive (and go ahead and get the brown nosing comments out of the way! Thanks Randiesel75 for your work as the commish and RynoAid for starting this league). I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like I can continue with this league for another year past the new release just because I'm so invested in my team and the league (of course I will be the first one to pick up Madden 14 but you know what I mean). I really hate to start over from scratch. But of course, I will.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Craig Brown

Craig Brown Walk On

I am cousins with brizz98 and bjbdahitman, I am also good friends and co commish of one of the best fantasy football leagues around, JSimms

• Like Like x 4
  3. AWinkler02

AWinkler02 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

This league has been pretty much drama free which is hard to find it seems. I know the rule is not to bring it out in the open, but most leagues there are jabs here and there in the forums, but i really haven't seen much or any at all. It is straight play your game, respect your opponent, and have fun. Multiple examples of cooler heads prevailing in the scheduling thread time and time again, says a lot about the maturity in the league.

I think setting up a skype or messaging service with all the owners to stay in communication i think would enhance the connection in the league. I've seen it happen in other leagues and i think it enhances the connection like i said. That way, we can have a chat or communication platform ready if needed, so we are not stuck with what happened during the last draft were we had nothing set up. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Craig Brown

Craig Brown Walk On

There is an app called group me, our fantasy football league uses it, its a very effective app if not abused(meaning people getting on there and posting messages for no reason) there are options on the app to put on silent so your phones not blowing up all the time, but its def a great format

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Ya, i know groupme, they are actually owned by Skype which essentially is owned by Microsoft. I was thinking more of a desktop solution like skype or AIM, but most people use Skype these days. That way, up to each user to configure their phones with skype, otherwise, the messages stay on PC to eliminate a flurry of messages which would be a battery killer.

7. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Personally, I'm not a fan of GroupMe. It's got potential, but at this point needs a LOT of work. It would be great to have a league-specific chat room on TSO. Currently there is just one, and it is for premier members only. Maybe RynoAid can make this happen?! My guess is that it's already on the long-term 'to-do' list here at TSO, but there are more than likely more important features that they're working on in front of it.

8. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Cool! Who's the older brother?

9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Ive never used group me, but i've heard it is ok. I used whatsapp for my phone for awhile, but that seems to be a battery killer so I removed it. I heard Kik Messenger is good though. Until there are dedicated chat rooms for leagues on TSO, i think skype is the best option because it is both desktop and phones (assuming you got a smartphone). If anybody interested in trying to start up a skype group chat to test out, let me know. At least we can set it up and have it ready for the next draft that will happen like 3 months from now.

10. AWinkler02

AWinkler02 Walk On

Right here 22 an he's 18 haha it'll be fun if we end up playing each other. Have similar styles of gameplay and know how each other plays

• Like Like x 1
  11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

12. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

Craig you forgot about T.B.A.R. He's also our cousin... Man this league is awesome... I get to watch games in the league, because alot of times I hang out with Brizz and TBAR and watch them play... It makes the games alot more fun...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Haha! How can you forget your cousin Craig Brown? Maybe cuz you have starting basketball team worth of family in this league!:) Any other family members in this league we need to know about? I look forward to reading the game reviews when you all play each-other. I gotta say, I've played many exhibition match-ups against whoozy11 and none of them compared to playing each-other here on TLY. It just adds a different level of pressure! And if any of you match-up in the playoffs! That could cause serious family issues.....

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I has no family here

15. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

I thought we were brothers from different mothers...

16. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

You can consider me your frenemy.....

17. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I have met and hung out with HotRod in real life. He's down in Atlanta where I have a bunch of family---Good guy.

RynoAid is my illegitimate son from a fling down in Dallas. :D

• Like Like x 3
  18. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

ok if you put it that way. I'm kind of down on my luck money wise, can I borrow 1k to get back on my feet. I swear I'll pay you back when I get the money. I swear.

• Like Like x 1
  19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

You are old!!

20. Craig Brown

Craig Brown Walk On

My bad T.B.A.R. !! Can't forget about my cousin Adam!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013