From the Commissioners Desk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

All,

So over the past couple days I've been clinging to the hope that we would start the file quickly and get up and running. After spending some time exploring the game and reading thoughts from the rest of the community its become apparent that even EA is saying we should wait to start our CFM. That is a real disappointment for me but that means we'll be stuck, JUST LIKE ALWAYS, waiting for a patch for some arbitrary amount of time with little to no feedback from EA. It could even be the case that the patch breaks the game and makes things worse so who knows. In any case, I know people are jittery so I thought I'd let everyone know that yes we are officially delaying the start for awhile. Hopefully we'll here some patch news soon.

In lieu of starting early, Freakskull has volunteered himself to run a friendly tournament in HaW. I'll let him chime in to spill the details. Participation is not required but abiding by HaW rules and good sim gameplay is. You've been warned.

Other items your commissioner team is working on:

-Updated Trade Tier system. No we aren't going to allow multiple T1's or a T1 every year.
    -Coach v Owner. We are discussing options but as of now I am pretty firmly on Owner mode until I have good reason not to be.
    -Sim season scouting points problem. We'll either sim everything during sim seasons or we won't sim seasons. We've discussed options but I'm not sure there's a lot we can do here.
    -Sammy Watkins/Roster Debate. It seems as if the consensus is to just let things be but I have my concerns with rookie classes what that will do to veteran players on teams. We'll see how it shakes out but we are erring on the side of leaving things be certainly.
    -Sliders - I'm actively working on it. If someone wants to start a thread and post their feedback for me thats helpful or perhaps you don't care. No worries, we'll come up with something for when we do start.
    -Daddyleague site - Yes we will need a new instance and we'll be required to pay for it again. I'll take up a collection for those that want to contribute a couple bucks soon.
    -Sorting through the hilarity that is the Redskins waitlist situation. Wow. Perhaps now you guys are getting a glimpse as to why I don't tolerate a lot of bullshit. This shit is routine for the Madden community and trying to find new owners.
    -A reminder to everyone that Legacy player submission deadline is Friday.

Another thing I want to ask of someone/everyone that would be a big help to me is an in depth roster analysis. This analysis will help with both our normal roster decision and legacy player creation. Basically I'm looking for an in-depth breakdown of position-specific attribute averages for both rookie and non-rookie players. I know this is a tall order, trust me I do. Perhaps it may be easiest to find another league's DL site and try to find one that has done a draft already. Then you can pull/scrape all their data into excel. Thats the easiest solution I can think of at least. Even a sample would be helpful. We'll likely have to do another rookie analysis post patch.

Alright thats it for now. Lets keep the flame wars to a minimum leading up to patch release please, lol.

Keller
    McStrauss
    arlennnn
    Jeremy Rasmussen
    Freakskull
    Hurricane GL
    akutozo
    RFF
    GridIRONguru614
    Wyrmreaver
    Hordan54
    Automatik
    Craig
    nicknicknick5
    Troy J.
    Masterfocker
    RaiderRed90
    iBO
    GDip
    BigK44
    hskr8128
    greatnessdc
    Coachmedicis
    RaunchyTacoBowl
    RyanRain39
    DadiBlanki
    Mozaaik
    johngalt10
    seanisgreat87
    DevilDog1108
    kjm007

JJphil
    Jonathan Applegate
    xSavedByGracex

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

How the a button for agree with the decision but still disappointed? Dammit EA you had one job

3. Keller

There isn't one so you just post gifs/memes/funny pictures or find some other way to garner likes from around HaW since we basically had a downvote/dislike party in the other thread.

4. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

Careful what you say, it could follow us over here. I got down votes in that thread from a dude I don't even know on this site

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

The rookies coming off the new speed scale is one of the things they are patching so thats good. Let me know if you need any help with anything. I'm putting together sliders for my league as well and your more than welcome to try them out Keller

• Like Like x 1
  6. Keller

Here let me demonstrate. This is a pretty perfect summation of my feelings towards EA/Madden 16 right now

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. GridIRONguru614

GridIRONguru614 Walk On

I might be able to help out with the rookie roster analysis. Before going on vacation, I started an offline cfm with the sole purpose of scouting and drafting. I simmed thru the entire first season(injuries off) making sure to spend all scouting points each week. I have the entire draft class mostly scouted. I will conduct the draft when I get back and try to come up with a spreadsheet that includes all their atts broke down by position. That shouldn't take too long. Let me know if this would be of any use and if there is anything I should pay special attention to when putting the spreadsheet together that would better suit the commissioners needs.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Keller

Like I said - every rookie, every attribute, broken down position. The more of those I can get the better/more fair I can be with Legacy players.

9. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

By sim everything, so you mean draft and all?

10. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

The problem with this is they are post to be patching the rookies speeds to make them baseline with the default rosters. I believe they said TAD for QB's was in the same boat as far as getting patched.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

12. Keller

We need to work on your English.

Yes I'm aware it's being patched. I still want the data.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

Oh some days I forget just how feisty you are ponyboy. I'll see what i can do for you though.

• Like Like x 2
  14. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

Keller, is it possible we can setup a HaW test file on daddyleagues ourselves, host and pull the data from there? It would be a lot easier.

15. Keller

That is assuming the DL guys would be nice enough to basically blow up our DL site data after we're ready to point DL to a new file.

16. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

No one answered my question :(

17. akutozo

Not super familiar with daddyleagues. How much would it cost to buy another DL page for a short time period?

18. Keller

I think its something like 30-50 bucks.

19. akutozo

Nevermind, here is some data.

If I start another league, will I have to pay again to setup a new league with a different league ID?
    You are allowed up to 3 League ID resets per subscriptions (from one madden to the start of the next), after that there will be a $5 management fee.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Focker being ignored, Aku dropping knowledge, file being delayed...... I love this thread, and I hate it.

FWIW, I think we should just start the file. Game is gonna be flawed no matter what we do, especially if we are considering no sim seasons, the impact of drafted players vs veterans over the course of 4 real seasons won't be that bad.

21. Keller

When EA themselves are recommending we wait...... well, I kinda have to listen.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

HAW 16 Tournament I - Details tonight - get hyped!

• Like Like x 5
  23. akutozo

I'm still in favor of Sim seasons, honestly. We'll lose scouting points, yeah... But it will force people to think carefully about what they want in their player and to scout wisely. It'll also force people to pay attention to the combine in greater detail.

24. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I've gone through a couple drafts, if you draft solely off of combine grades you will generally do okay lol

25. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

I would vote to do know some seasons. The reason being, is because I feel we go with sim seasons get deeper into the file and allow us to be more general manager like. I feel like if all we have to do is sim scouting that takes away from the general manager experience.