From This Day Forward...

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JHeb, Oct 6, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

From This Day Forward...

From this day forward, can we implement a policy of "If the game screws up we're going to accept it and move on"?

I'm in...

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Nope, have to take it on a case by case basis. I dont care if Im ever on the good or bad end of an EA fuck up. We still have to go glitch by terrible glitch.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Agreed. I would love to just press on, too, but we have to do what is best for the league in every situation.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Nothing against the idea or anything but its an easy thing to say or do when its not your team / season getting flushed.

The first season took three months to finish. If we are putting that kind of time in then it should be right.

I am looking at my recruiting going sour and a loss I didnt earn, to me thats a tough deal when there are three months to go before we get a restart.

Cole has the file at week 2, I will sim games make sure there are no injuries and get the right teams a win and I can do it all on Tuesday early morning and afternoon.

We just need the word from AG.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Do what you must.

6. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I can actually understand JHEB's frustration. It comes a point in time where you just throw your hands up and say "Thats it, lets just move on". At the same time, User teams getting screwed in recruiting and even more important the win column can kill a League quick.

I would like to agree with you JHEB but I think in the long run we would drive alot of people away from the league instead of help it

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'd be fine with moving on if it were my team...Honestly. Just for the good of the league. I'd hate to lose a game I won, etc. but to keep things going and limit frustrations I'd bite the bullet.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm also in the "it must be taken on a case by case basis" camp.

I'm ranked #3, 10-1 (7-0) going up against #2 aOSU, 11-0 (7-0). I finally find a way to win a user game in this league and win the Big 10 title out right as well as earn a birth in the BCS championship game. The dynasty gets screwed up and aOSU gets the simmed victory and steals my title shot as well as my Big 10 title.

I know this is an extreme example, but would you seriously expect me to accept it and move on? I can tell you now, that there's no way in hell that would happen.

9. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I see your point Jello, I guess that's right...I'd be pissed if I had won the Big 12 and won the NC, then the glitch cost me the title. I guess it's better to go case by case.