Front page for The Tradition is complete

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by RynoAid, Jul 20, 2010.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Front page for The Tradition is complete

You can now access all of The Tradition's key links off the front page of the site through the nav bar.

You should also be able to login and post blog articles in wordpress. Just make sure you check the right category on the right hand side when you create a new post. You need to select The Tradition News category. You can embed html and such on the website.

let me know if you have any questions.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Nice, the link works perfect!

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

one quick tip...

to create a thumbnail image for your news articles.. you just need to upload an image from your harddrive using the icon just above the post box... one you've uploaded, select the "use as thumbnail" box... and bam... it will look like my Pitt preview.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Thanks ryno. I tried it last night but I don't think my post went to the homepage of tradition. What did I do wrong? Also I seen it posted onto the main forums as well

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you did good, just missed a couple of things...

1st... your post is on the front page of the site, you just have to click "Latest" on the front of the website... the default is for features...

2nd... you post went to the main forum because at the very bottom of the wordpress control panel it has a box that asks you where you would like your story to post... if you don't select one it defaults to the main forum.

3rd... always try to add an image... it's easy to do, there is an upload button right above the post text box where you can upload from your hard drive.. once you've uploaded it, there will be an option to set as thumbnail..

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Gotcha ryno. Props man! Very good stuff